Translate

Friday, December 23, 2022

December 23, 2022

            Counting today, you have 2 days to get any presents wrapped and delivered!

            Since that one person doesn’t seem to want to participate in giving the Don a present, the Don went and bought his own present yesterday. You would think this would have been free, since I am a Ford, but they charged me anyway. Photo to follow.


 
            No, the Christmas tree is not the present I bought for myself, try again. No, the checkered flannel shirt is not what I bought for myself. Stop it, just stop it! I bought myself a new cap, that has my name, “Ford”, on it. Before you comment on the photo, yes, I was taking a well-deserved nap on the Ford’s ole recliner, with the new cap on my ole head.

            I did get a second cap for my favorite grandson. Alex has commented that they call him Ford at school, so I thought it might help to emphasize the name Ford, just a little.

            I purchased said cap at the Cracker store, and after finding said cap, I explained to the employee who was helping me, that I wasn’t going to say anything, but the rack with all the hats on it was in violation of a fire code, it was in front of, and covering a fire extinguisher. She said to me, “I am glad you aren’t going to say anything”. I then left the store.          

            Topic swap: The cold and windy weather began to arrive at 10:00am. The wind makes it feel much colder than the real temp, but Alexa says it is 23 degrees outside right now, and it is 3:00pm on Thursday as I am writing this.

            Topic alteration: My favorite wife and I went to the store yesterday morning, she went in and shopped and I sat outside in the ole pickup. As I sat there, I saw an ole fellow who appeared to be older than me, walking from his vehicle to the store, he had shorts on and was attempting to zip up his coat. That wasn’t even the dumbest thing I saw, there was a female person who had a jacket on, and some white short, lose fitting shorts. That is dumber then dumb!

            Another adventure: After leaving the store my wife allowed me to drive her to a friend’s home and she took some gifts in while I sat in the Ford’s ole Chevy.

            Leaving the friends home, we drove back to Hewitt, and I procured some gas in the Ford’s ole Chevy. Then I bought the cap, and then we went to a local grocery store where my present spouse went in and did a little shopping.

            Back at home I took a photo of one of the Ford’s ole Christmas trees.


          
If one looks closely, they will see that ole retired people, who in years past, had many presents under the tree. This year ole retired people have none. In truth, there are at least two (2) small presents under the back of the tree. In years past, with family here, we would all open presents and there would be wrapping paper everywhere, that aint happening this year!

No, the dog “Tres” is not a present.

Now you know what we did yesterday, what did you do?

We hope you have a good day today, stay warm and be safe. If we don’t see you before Christmas Day, “We hope you have a very nice and Merry Christmas!”.

No presents, no fun!

Senior ole people who use to have Christmas presents, The Ford’s

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: