Translate

Sunday, December 18, 2022

December 18, 2022

            Yesterday, Alex raked some of the leaves in the front yard into piles. Later in the afternoon, when my wife of more than half a century and I sat outside, we noticed that Tres was looking for a place to lay. Tres walked over to one of the piles of leaves and after smelling it, then he lay down on it. I assume it was a comfortable bed, photo to follow.


            We plan on having Alex come over today, and he and I will attempt to remove the leaves from the front yard. Alex is a good worker; he gets it done! What can I say, Alex is a Ford!

            Yesterday we all went out for lunch. Patrick, Karla, David, Claire, Gabi and Alex, along with me and my favorite wife.

Patrick and Karla will be on vacation Christmas week, they will not be here at the Homestead. This will be our first Christmas when both of our sons will not be here.

            My favorite wife and I have received an early Christmas present, we will talk more about presents when Christmas day has passed. We are not asking for or expecting presents, but we are thankful for any that comes our way.

            I just learned that it is 26 degrees outside this morning. I have not yet covered the outside faucets, so that is another project for today, and I should drain the water out of the hoses. Water, I need to water the plants in the hot house today.

            The weather guy said the temp next week may get down to 16 degrees, and we may stay below freezing for up to 48 hours. If the temps are going to get that cold for that long I am considering moving the flowers from the hot house into the garage, that will be a lot of heavy work.

The hot house, or green house, whichever way you like to refer to it, will handle cold weather below freezing for a while, but not sure it can handle long periods of below freezing.

Well, I guess that is it for now, we will see how this day goes. We do hope your day is warm and cozy, stay safe and be nice to everyone.

Below freezing!

Senior person who doesn’t like summer heat, or winter cold, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: