Translate

Sunday, December 25, 2022

December 25, 2022 b

            Well, I guess we have made it to the day, and we hope you have a Merry Christmas.

            Dave, Claire Gabi and Alex came yesterday afternoon, we had some food, a few conversations and opened a few gifts. I think most everyone was happy with what they received, I have my new shoes on and they are nice. I received a couple gift cards so now I can have real coffee, go to a restaurant for real food, and even go to a store and buy something. Wow I feel like I am rich! I also got a container of peppermint candy, very nice!

Dave and the family are coming over for lunch today and then they will visit with the other grandparent. We usually get visits from John, Tracey and Nellie in the afternoon, but due to the covid virus which they had recently, that will not happen this year.

            Topic swap: I have watched the Christmas story as usual; the story reminds me of my childhood. In the story they show the school from the outside and it looks a lot like the grade school I went to, “May Green”, in Cape Girardeau, Mo. They also talk about the kids listening to the radio programs.

I remember before we had a TV my brother Jack and I would listen to a radio program about the Yukon. The main person was, “Sergeant Preston” of The Royal Mounties, and the Dogs name was, “Yukon King”. How can I remember those days, and I can’t remember where I left the car keys?  

Well, I am stopping now and I hope to get a cup of homemade coffee. We hope you have a safe and Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas

Senior retired person who has been bless by you, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: