Translate

Saturday, December 24, 2022

December 24, 2022

            I am not going to tell you, today is the eve of that day that many people enjoy!

           

            Yesterday’s events: I did take a portable heater to our son David’s home, as he had one faucet that had stop working, aka frozen. He used the heater to apply heat under the sink, and after a little while the faucet began working again. Since I was out in the cold anyway, I did go to the Star Coffee place for a cup of real coffee.

            We left all of our faucets (inside the house) that are located on an outside wall, dripping overnight, and we left the cabinet doors open under those sinks, in hopes of preventing a frozen pipe.

            Topic change: I received a text from our son Patrick that they had arrived in Los Angeles and were getting their luggage, then they would be going to the ship. The bad weather did not affect their flight.

            Alternate subject again: yesterday morning when the Tres and I went outside to get the newspaper, it was so cold that we only stayed out for about 30 seconds, I observed an unusual morning cloud and took a photo. 


            It kind of looked like fire floating around in the sky.

            One more different issue: I don’t need to tell anyone that it was windy here yesterday afternoon and into the night, but it was windy here! My spouse of more than half a century and I were both concerned that the wind might knock some of our decorations over. Yesterday morning, after returning from David’s house, I noticed a problem cause by the wind. I have a photo and then a short explanation.


            In the above photo we see the backs of Mr. and Miss Santa Clause, they are next to a metal bench. Both are tied to the metal bench in an effort to help keep them stable in a windy situation. You might notice that the bench is leaning back due to the excessive wind, and the decorations are actually holding the bench up.

            My present spouse went to town yesterday afternoon, but I was not invited to go, so I stayed home, sitting here composing this posting.

            Well, it is now 7:00am on Saturday morning and I am back at the keyboard. I want to go to the store and get an air filter for the furnace today, and then sit around and do nothing until Dave, Claire, Gabi and Alex come over this afternoon. We usually have some good food, then we open any presents.

            Oh, I almost forgot, I do have my Christmas tie on today, yep, I am celebrating big time. What? Yes, I put a clean shirt on today, and that helps the tie look better.


 
            I guess that is it for now, we hope your Christmas eve and Christmas day are filled with one or all of the following, family, friends, food and fun!

A day of giving!

Don the Ford, who has nothing to give except for his wonderful smile?

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: