Translate

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

December 27, 2022

            Hello from the Ford’s at the Ford homestead! We hope all is well with you as we start this new day. It is cold this morning, our temp is 27 degrees, but this is supposed to be the last day at or below freezing for a few days now.

            Speaking of freezing, all three of my rain gages are now cracked due to the fact that the Don did not empty the rainwater out of the two glass and one plastic gages. They all three froze and cracked. I guess I will need to take the gift card I got for Christmas and purchase a new rain gage. 

            Yesterday I did try to remove some of the leaves from the Jasmin beds, I was not very successful, although I did get some of the leaves removed. Using the leaf blower, vacuum, walk behind lawn mower and rake, I moved some leaves from the beds to the yard and then picked them up. I did all that without my helper, Alex (aka Favorite Grandson). It doesn’t sound like a lot of work, but it is rough on a person who is ¾ of a century old. Just being on your feet, walking around the yard for several hours, is rough on an ole body!

            Some friends of my present wife came over and they enjoyed some fun conversations. While they were sitting inside talking, I went outside and sat on the Ford’s ole rocker with the sun shining on me.

            Later in the afternoon my first wife took a gift to a neighbor a couple houses down the street. My favorite wife said she was only going to stay, “a few minutes”. An hour and a half later it was dark, and she returned home. Women have a different definition of “a few minutes”!

            I have a photo of a Christmas present; Hope you enjoy it!

            My present wife got onto me for wearing them yesterday when I was working in the yard.

            Well, that is it for now, I need to get a cup of homemade coffee. We hope you have a good day, stay warm and safe.

New year coming!

Senior retired person who needs to shop for a rain gage, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: