Translate

Monday, December 19, 2022

December 19, 2022

            Ok, you have 6 days until the birthday celebration. You should take time to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

            Let us discuss why I am tired, and why my feet hurt. Yesterday I started working in the front yard at around 9:00am. I raked leaves, I used the leaf blower, I used the leaf vacuum, I used the lawn mower, I covered the water faucets, watered the flowers in the hot house and so on. I was on my feet from 9:00am to about 4:00pm, except for 30 minutes at lunch and two 10-minute coffee breaks.

            Speaking of the hot house, I have a photo which I took to show that the flowers were growing. A close look at the photo shows a broken board under a big flower pot.

 

The board is an easy fix, keeping the hot house warm when the temp gets down to 10 degrees this week is more difficult. I have received a couple suggestions to help in the heating. I can’t put an electric heater in it because, it gets its power through a 50-foot extension cord. I need to get out to the Ford’s ole shed this morning, still working on heat for the green house.

            Alex arrived around 2:00pm and went right to work, I did a little supervising which kept me on my ole feet. I am glad Alex came over, if he hadn’t, I would probably not be able to walk this morning. I am not use to being on my feet that long, walking on uneven ground, carrying things, bending down to pick things up.

            We were able to get the front yard and one of the Jasmin beds cleared of the leaves. We have two more beds to clear, and we will get other leaves from the trees. Two neighbors were also out clearing their yards of leaves yesterday.

            We are getting rain today so I will attempt to stay inside. I do need to go to the bank, the cleaners, and get a cup of coffee today. We are hoping to hear from the mechanic this morning saying he has fixed the Ford’s ole van. My favorite wife needs to do some running around, but she doesn’t like me to drive her from place to place, she says I cause her to hurry. I am not in a hurry; don’t know why she is!

Well, I guess that is it for now, hope you have a profitable and safe day.

Whose birthday?    Come on, get real!

Senior retired person whose feet are tired, and thankful for Alex, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: