Translate

Friday, December 30, 2022

December 30, 2022

            Well, it is almost over, and I have heard that you are going to stay awake and see the old one out and the new one in! Allow me to ask, what good does it do, or, what do you gain, from being there as the old one leaves and the new one starts? As I see it, you have an adult beverage or two, you sit there and watch the TV, then 10 seconds before time, you start the count down. When the new one starts, you act happy for a couple minutes, then you go to bed. Is it worth it?

            I might have an adult beverage, and I might stay awake until 9:00pm, but I do not plan on seeing the old one out and the new one in. Actually, the irritating part of this to me is, I am required to change the calendar in the Fords ole office every year after the new one arrives.

Bah Humbug!

            As I understand it, today is Friday. Patrick and Karla along with their friends will be returning from their cruse today. Yesterday, I sent him a text asking if he was on his way home? For some reason I was thinking yesterday was Friday. Ole people, we don’t know what day it is

            I did go to the doctor yesterday and she reviewed where she had cut on me, she was happy with the results. She then froze several spots on my arms, noting that I had a lot of sun damage. I explained that I did get a lot of sun burns as a young person working on various farms, usually hauling hay.

            She took two more samples, and I will likely be cut on again in the near future.

            It was after 2:00pm when I left the doctor’s office so I decided to stop at DIB and wait on Dave to get off work. I only waited about 10 minutes and he was off work, I did get him home safely.

            My favorite wife and I went to the Cracker store for supper last evening, we had a gift card which covered the meal. After a nice supper we returned to the Ford’s homestead and we sat outside enjoying the quiet early evening. I did note to my favorite wife that I am sure that the neighbors might think that we are crazy for setting outside most evenings. It is our time without distractions such as the TV.

            Speaking of distractions, allow me to present a photo of a nice distraction.

 


            As I see it, the distraction is the new moon in between the branches.

            Well, I need to get a cup of homemade coffee and some banana-nut-bread. We hope you have a nice day, be happy and stay safe!

You’ve been mooned!

Senior retired person who knows what it means to be mooned, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: