Translate

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

December 28, 2022

            Well, what should I comment on in this posting? I guess I could start off with a photo that I was able to take, after Tres caught my attention.

            The morning had started as usual; Tres and I went out into the early morning cold (40 degrees) to get the paper for my favorite wife, completing said task, we made our way into the Ford’s ole office where I sat down, and Tres found what he considered a comfortable position.


            If you are looking at the photo you should notice that the Tres is laying on the floor under the desk, and somehow, he has his neck bent to a point that his lower jaw is resting on the front of my chair. Now I thought to myself, that can’t be comfortable, so I decided to attempt to get a photo for your enlightenment. Before that one person comments, yes, he is between my legs.

            As I was sitting here attempting to provide you with some interesting morning observations, I heard something made of glass break in the kitchen. I turned to see my wife of more than half a century looking around and I heard her say, “what was that”?

            Well, it turned out to be, “a glass led from a candy dish that fell from the table to the floor”, which broke into at least a million pieces. My present wife and I both acquired brooms and a dustpan and began to remove the broken remanent from the candy dish. I commented that I was glad I was not in the kitchen at the time of this disaster, she would have thought that I broke her glass lid.

            Topic swap: what did I do yesterday? Basically, I did very little, I did read from the bible, and I attempted to work on the bible study questions.

I did go through the gift cards that my first wife and I received as Christmas presents; I was attempting to verify that they were ready to use before either of us tried to use a card. I was able to verify all but one and it was from the cracker store. I checked online and it said call the number on the card then I called the number on the card and there was no answer. In truth I did that twice and got the same results both times. I will let the person at the checkout tell me what it is worth next time we are there.

Later in the afternoon I decided to go get a cup of real coffee, about the time I assume Dave would be getting off work. I thought the line around the Star coffee place would be short at 2:30pm, and it wasn’t too long. I sat in line for at least 15 minutes waiting on a cup of coffee. I guess the wait was ok as Dave did not call for me to come and get him at work.

After I received the real cup of coffee, I then drove to the DIB parking lot and waited for Dave to get off work. Since last week was a holiday week, the following week or two are often very busy. They have a new order filling system (computerized system which is different from the previous computerized system) which seems to be not as productive as the old system.

How long did I sit there on the parking lot waiting for Dave to get off work he asked? I was there long enough to drink the entire cup of real coffee.

As I sat there, coffee in hand, I was wondering why my display screen in the Ford’s old Chevy was not presenting all the info that it had in the past. This had been going on for a couple days and I wanted it to be, as in the past. To make this story a little shorter, the screen is a touch screen, I was touching the screen when I moved it back to the position I liked! I am good!

Back to today: for those of you who do not live in an area where they test fire rocket motors, I can tell you that occasionally a test firing actually vibrates our Homestead a little and yes, we can hear the blast of the rocket motor. 

            Well, that is it for now I will get a cup of homemade coffee and kick back in the recliner. We hope you have a good day, stay safe and be nice to old all people. 

Rocket man!

Senior ole retired person who is happy the temp it is warming up, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: