Translate

Monday, August 1, 2022

August 1, 2022

            No title line on this posting, just letting you know it is now August, and it is still hot. I need to change the calendar on the wall. They have threatened us with the possibility of rain (a 20% chance) this week sometime. Wow, if only!

            Yesterday was Sunday, I know most of you knew that, but some of us ole retired people have a little difficulty remembering which day of the week it is, so I noted it was Sunday. My first wife and I decided to go out to breakfast at the cracker store. The food was ok, the service was slow, heck even the manager was in back cooking. I guess every company needs employees.

            Yesterday, I became tired of sitting in the house so I went outside and seeing some debris in the front yard, consisting of twigs and leaves from the red oak trees, I decided to remove as many as I could. It might be surprising to anyone who never does this type activity, but even though you are looking for things, you still miss things. I have a rule, “if I see it, I get it”. In other words, I see something and I think, I will get that when I turn around, and then a minute later I turn around and I don’t see it.    

            Let me alter the topic a little, I will educate you as to the poopa loopa recently found in the back 40. Now if anyone had been reading my postings, one might know that I have not mowed the back 40 for a couple weeks now. Heck it still does not need to be mowed, although there are a couple places that could use some attention. I decided to pick up the dog droppings, aka poopa loopa. Wow, I had not removed the previously mentioned item for a couple weeks, and there was a lot that had dropped. I usually do this removal prior to mowing; I may need to do it weekly even if I don’t mow. There are no photos of the poopa loopa!

            I do have a couple photos for your review.




            The first two are of blooms that I found to be pretty. The last is of a plant that I am not sure what it is. Also, in the last photo you might noticed that the ground is cracked. The sprinkler in that area had run on Saturday, the photo was taken on Sunday. Things dry out fast.

My favorite wife and I sat outside yesterday afternoon, and a couple friends came over and enjoyed the extreme heat with us. There were lively conversations, even a few political comments, and also ole memories were relived. We always enjoy being around our friends.

Well, there may be some things I need to do, but I don’t know whether I will do them or not. We hope you have a productive and safe day.

Dog droppings, fertilizer?

Senior retired person who did not have a burrito this morning, Don the Ford

No comments: