Translate

Saturday, August 27, 2022

August 27, 2022

            Did you miss me? What do I mean when I ask if you missed me? I mean, I did not post anything yesterday, and you didn’t even miss my post! That is hurtful!

            Well, I don’t care either, so I am going to get a cup of homemade coffee!

           Ok, I am back at the keyboard now, coffee sitting there on the desk. The rest of today’s post is for everyone but you, you can stop reading now.

            For the enlightened reading public, except for that one person, I will attempt to impart my actions from yesterday. Yesterday I mowed the yards, it was a lot of work. Thanks for reading.

            What, you want more details about the day, why would you want more details, I just explained that I mowed the yards, that is a plural, indicating that I mowed both yards. What? Why didn’t I make a posting yesterday, I had too much to do. Ok let me educate you with a slightly more detailed account of yesterday.

            Early in the morning I had decided to get out and trim all the areas in the front yard and the back 40, as the recent rain has caused a lot of growth. Tres and I had gone for a walk, we walked a little later than usual, and returning from that walk I took my favorite wife’s van to get gas. Now I was not considering that all the grandparents were out taking their grand kids to school, the traffic was crazy.

            I was able to get to a gas pump and filled the Ford’s ole minivan with gas. Yes, I will tell you the price $45.82. What, you want to know the price per gallon, ok, $3.10.

            Since I was out and about, I thought I would go by the Star coffee place to procure a cup. The cars were parked all the way around the building, heck I couldn’t even get onto the parking lot, so with tears dripping from my eyes I headed for the bank teller machine. Yes, I needed to get our $5.00 stipends so my first wife and I could enjoy the week, somewhat like you real people do.

            Now the traffic was crazy, as I have previously stated, and I wondered if I could turn across traffic on Chapel Road which was coming from an area that has a school and a lot of houses. I turned the corner and traffic was backed up as far as I could see, but that was only part of the problem, there was something going on at the teller machine. There was a trailer, a big white screen and a lot of lighting, in front of the teller machine. I could not see as much as I wanted due to all the traffic, but it seemed as if they were taking photos or making a video.

            No stipends for us, another failure, my eyes were dripping more tears now, I headed for home. As I was driving, I thought, should I get a burrito or not, I would need to get back in the school traffic again. Not using good judgement, I headed for the burrito place, they were not wrapped around the building but there were several cars ahead of me. After a long wait I did get a burrito and headed for home. 

            Once I was home, I quickly eat my burrito and went outside to get to work. Using the gas weed eater I trimmed the back 40 which took a while as this is the first time it had been trimmed in several weeks. That finished, I moved to the front yard, where I got a cup of coffee and a cookie, and I sat down for about a 15-minute break.

            Break time over, I began trimming the front yard. I had it in mind that I might get the Alex to come over Saturday and do the mowing. When I finished the trimming, I decided to mow the front yard myself, as it was very tall, and I might want to go over it twice. I mowed the yard and when finished with the first cutting, I reviewed my work. It looked good, even if I had to say so myself, I did not mow twice. 

            It was now time for lunch, and a short 15-minute nap.

            Returning to the mowing, I went out back and brought the riding mower into a shady spot, as I need to check the air in the tires, a couple tires usually need air. Using my small air compressor which is powered by the battery on the riding mower, I began airing the tires, it stopped working and I tossed it in the trash. I was able to air the tires, I have an air compressor in the garage.

            I then began mowing, when I realized I had not gone through the back 40 to pick up sticks and poopa-loopa!

I should note, I needed to get done with all my work in time to get David from work, and I did not know when that would be, and then get the grandkids from school.

            Back 40 picked up I started mowing, I was about 2/3 done when I received a call from Dave saying he was off work. I stopped mowing and drove out to work to get Dave and took him home. I returned to the homestead and began mowing again, I finished the mowing, put the mower and other equipment away, and attempted to get the grass trimmings off my ole body before entering the house.

            I was able to get a shower, and put some clean clothes on, then I headed out to get 3 glasses of tea from the Bush store, one for me and the other two for Alex and Gabi. Then I went to Alex school where I waited, Alex finally got out, and we headed for Gabi's school. You cannot believe the traffic, we finally got to Gabi and headed for home. I did get them home safely and returned to my home.

            My first wife and I sat outside with a well-deserved cold drink in hand. I have a photo of a cloud that I found interesting.

            Now you see, nothing special for me yesterday. Hope your day is easy, fun, and safe!

Plan your work! 

Work your plan!

Senior recovering ole person from all the work yesterday, Don the Ford

No comments: