Translate

Sunday, August 7, 2022

August 7, 2022

     

            Wow, would you believe, this note is from me to you? What could be better than a note, that only you can read. Yep, no one else can read this but you!

            I have news, our neighbor is now home. This morning about 7:00 I went to his house, carried the newspaper up to the door, pulled the hose out to the little tree, turned the water on, set my phone to remind me to turn the water off, and I went back home.

            I had gone into the computer room this morning, where I was getting ready to go out in the back 40 to do some watering and also pulling of the weeds. Yes, I pulled some weeds this morning, I will comment on that later.

As I was getting ready to go out back this morning, I happen to look at the security monitors and I saw the neighbor walk out of his home and look at the water hose I had laid out to the tree.

            Now I had the monitors set so the neighbor's home was easy to see, I had assumed they would be home yesterday and while I sat at the ole desk, I would occasionally look at the monitor to see if they had arrived. (Photo of monitor)


            They are home safe, and they had a good time.

            Now as to me and my activities this morning, I haven't done much this morning, as I stated earlier, I did pull some weeds from the #2 berry bed, I also watered the berries and flowers in pots, and of course, "I did get a shower", I am clean all over! 😊

            Yesterday was a kind of do-nothing day, so later in the afternoon I convinced my favorite wife to go for a short ride with me and the Tres. We have a new seat protector for the back seat and Tres had never ridden on this cover, so he wanted to try it out. We took the long way to the chicken place where we got two iced teas, then headed home. The seat cover work good, Tres was happy. 

            I did get the riding mower out yesterday, I aired up the tires, checked the oil, added some gas and drove it around the yard a couple times. I did not need to mow but there were a couple spots that could use a little mowing, there were also some leaves that I wanted to mulch, so I turned the mower blades on and started working. I did get a photo of a weed with a bloom.


            This weed with the bloom was growing in an area where the grass appears to be dead. Yep, I mowed it and a couple others down!

            I guess that is about it for today, hope you are happy and healthy!

Stay cool!

Senior ole person who use to think he was cool, in the olden days, Don the Ford

No comments: