Translate

Thursday, August 11, 2022

August 11, 2022

            Well, it happened yesterday afternoon. No, it is not what you think, yes, we did get some rain, and we are very thankful for that! Unfortunately, I was in the house or on the back patio the entire time and I did not get to try out the nearly 2-month-old windshield wipers on the Ford's ole Chevy! Why do I never get a break? Do they even work?


            In the above photo, which was taken from one of the motion detecting cameras on the back patio, you might see me, and my favorite wife, enjoying the rain while sitting on the patio. I do have my cell phone in my hand, as I was getting the photo, when the photo was taken.

            I walked outside at about 6:00pm to check the rain gages, and we had more than 3/4 inch, but not quite 1 inch of rain in the old gage, but the new gage showed 1 inch. That is good and it was still raining at the time I checked. Photos showing we had rain, to follow! The Waco airport had zero rain!



            Now we are praying for another couple days of this nice easy rain! 😊

            Now today, since we had the rain, I will be allowed to go out and do some weed pulling and possible plant pruning, with the direction of my favorite wife.

            Before that one person asks, the answer is yes. I did go get a breakfast burrito this morning, so I would have the energy to do all the strenuous work that my first wife had planned for me. Tomorrow, I have scheduled an appointment to take the Tres to the vet.

            That is it for now, hope your work is pleasant and safe.

The weather is nice!

Senior retired worker who is still required to work, Don the Ford

No comments: