Translate

Friday, August 19, 2022

August 19, 2022

            Before we get into all the serious information that could be in this posting, allow me to comment on the name, “Donnie”. This is a true story, and we know you always appreciate true stories, so here we go.

Back in the olden days I was known as Donnie. The name Donnie started with my family calling me Donnie and it spread to my friends through grade school. Now I can see you wondering, why did the Donnie bring this up as a topic for you, and the vast reading publics review. Well, a little over 50 years ago, I learned that the female person who I was dating, (aka my now favorite wife) was also being referred to by her family as Donnie. There would be times when we were together and someone would say something to Donnie, then we would both respond.

What? You did not think that was interesting. That is ok, you are allowed to think what you want to think, just reframe from sharing it with others.

            Topic, Dr Visit: yesterday I did go to the doctor. I checked in and found a seat in the waiting room. It did not take long when they called me back to the “visitation area”. I did not have a better name for the procedure area, so I called it a visitation area. One of the first things they ask is your birthdate. I explained that I was over a quarter of a century old. I then noted that I can’t remember what I had for supper last night, do you think I can remember something that happened to me more then 75 years ago. She looked at me as if she was wondering is he confused, or did he not understand my question.

We continued walking toward the exam room and she then said, “I need to know the day, month and year you were born”. I looked at her and I replied, “I am not sure, but I think it was a Friday,” I then continued saying, “I think mom was not happy that she had to be in the hospital over the weekend.” The nurse looked at me with half a smile, I think she was wondering if this senior person is nuts or is he kidding with me. I continued with my comment as we were entering the exam room, “If memory serves me, I believe it was kind of hot the day I was born, so it was probably either July or August.”

We had entered the exam room and the lady did not close the door. She looked at me and said, “I need you to tell me your date of birth and your address”. I could tell by the expression on her face and the sound of her voice, that she had enough of my foolishness. I then told her the date and my address.

I asked, “I had you going, didn’t I?” she said, “Just for a couple seconds, I knew you were kidding about it being hot on the day you were born.” I then said, “Would you believe I did some research on the day I was born, and it was a hot day?” She looked at me and did not respond.

In truth, I did not research the weather on the day I was born, and all most all of the above is made up, you know, some BS from the Don!      

            I have a couple photos from Tres and my walk this morning.



            In the first photo if one looks closely, they might see what appears to be a star, I believe it is a planet, but I am not sure. The second is just an interesting cloud.

            That’s it for today, hope you have a good day.

Donnie or Donnie!

Senior ole person who is still, “Silly Grandpa”, creator of stories, Don the Ford 

No comments: