Translate

Friday, August 12, 2022

August 12, 2022

            I can only assume this will be a short posting, I don’t have anything to relate to you, or the reading public. It is terrible when an ole person has nothing to do, and that means he has nothing to tell his reading friends.

            As an example, I had nothing to do yesterday, so Tres and I went out to the front porch where I sat in a rocking chair, and Tres lay on the porch floor. Speaking of Tres, I will need to give him some drugs in a few minutes, he has a visit with the vet this morning and they want him drugged before he arrives. I think they are afraid of him.

            Now back to sitting outside with nothing to do. As we sat there, I observed a dirt dauber and yes, he was in the dirt. He seemed to be gathering some dirt in the shape of a small ball, and then he flew off with it. About two minutes later he was back and again he gathered a dirt ball and flew away. This happened repeatedly. I should have followed him to see where he was building his nest.

            Then our cat Molly walked up, she stepped off the sidewalk and was smelling something. She then kind of jerked her head back and then again smelled. Not being too interested in whatever was there she came over to me and wanted me to rub her back.

            I was focused on providing a good back rub for the Molly when I heard a sound. It was a frog sounding off. Possibly 5 minutes had passed, Molly had gone her way and I was daydreaming when, the Frog began sounding off, and this time he continued for more than a minute. I thought the was odd the frog calling out during the daytime. 

            As you can see, nothing happening so we returned to the inside of the homestead. It was then that I decided I should go back outside this time with a cold drink and enjoy the heat. As I sat there on the Fords ole rocker, I noticed some pecans on the tree. I do have a photo.



            Last year the pecans looked good from the outside but had nothing worth eating in the inside, which we assume was due to the big freeze. Now this year the pecans look good and seem to be growing normally, but I kind of doubt that they will be good due to the excessive heat and drought we are in.

            I did get a photo of the full moon this morning as the Tres, and I were walking. The photo isn’t very clear because it is difficult to hold the phone still when you have the Tres on a lead.


 

            Returning home from the walk this morning, I was able to water the black berry beds and the flowers in the flowerpots out back. I do need to water the pots out front, but I wanted to communicate with you first.

            The Grand kids start school on Thursday next week, and I have a doctor’s appointment on that day. Yep, it is the skin doctor, he will be reviewing any sun damage I have from the olden days. Other than that, nothing going on here at the Ford Homestead.

            Have a pleasant day, be nice to at least one person.

Frogs and wasps!   

Senior ole person who don’t like taking Tres to the vet, Don the Ford

No comments: