Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

August 30, 2022

            Well, we did not do a lot yesterday, we did visit with a couple neighbors, one due to a birthday and the other due to a death in the family. I think we consider most of our neighbors as family.

I did get the grandkids from school yesterday afternoon, and we made it to their home safely. Speaking of kids, Alex has a football scrimmage today after school. I think I was told the game would be at 4:00pm. If it starts at 4:00 I don't know how anyone will be able to get to the practice field due to the traffic at the school picking up kids. I guess I should have faith, all things are possible if you believe, so, we will be able to get there!

It is said that we should get some rain today, and they are predicting a lot of rain about the same time Alex and the football team should be in scrimmage.

 

Unhappy senior person: yes, I was an unhappy senior person this morning. I went to the Star coffee place, there was only a couple cars in line, and they went through quickly, that is except for the one female person in the vehicle in front of me.

I was so happy arriving at the Star coffee place, the line was very short, possibly 4 vehicles in line when I arrived, I would be through this line and on my way home very quickly, at least that was my thought. The female person in front of me was placing her order, at least she was communicating with the intercom person. I can't be sure, but the time it took for this female person to place her order was between 3 to 4 minutes. I thought, she must be placing an order for the entire office. Finally, she pulled forward, I pulled up and ordered a cup of coffee, then I pulled around and she was at the window and I was once again behind the female person.

I watched as they began handing her order to her. The first small cup of coffee, then another small cup, then a third small cup, then there was some discussion between the Star coffee employee and this female person. Three cups and it took that long! 😐

Our sprinklers ran this morning, and we are supposed to get rain today and possibly for the next couple days. The rain is welcome, the mowing and weed pulling that follows is not welcome.

I don't have any photos today, I used them all yesterday.

Hope your day is full of goodness.

Happy rainy day!

Senior ole person who needs the rain but not the work, Don the Ford

No comments: