Translate

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

August 17, 2022

            “Another day another burrito”! What? You thought I was going to say, “Another day another dollar”? Why would I say that? I am a retired senior person, who is on a fixed income, I don’t have another dollar. And before you ask how I was able to purchase a burrito, I got a gift card for my birthday, to the Rose café and I used it.

            What? How do you know I have a chigger? The only person I have talked about the chigger is my favorite wife, and she is supposed to keep that a secret.

            Ok, I will inform you of how I received this chigger, and the fact that its located on my posterior. Yesterday, before I went out to the back 40 to work, I sprayed bug spray on my legs, you know the kind of bug spray that is supposed to keep mosquitoes away from you when you are outside. I assumed that the chiggers would not get on my legs and then crawl up to the better part of my body.

Obviously, I was on my knees yesterday morning, not only praying for rain, but also pulling weeds out of the #2 berry bed. I was wrong, the spray did not keep them away, I got a couple chiggers! Maybe I should have prayed for no chiggers, we might have gotten rain!

School starts tomorrow, I don’t need to take the kids to school, I will pick them both up. David usually gets one of the grandees and I get the other, but they have a new order filling system where he works, and the assumption is, there may be some overtime. New systems usually take some extra time at the start up. 

I did drive over to the high school this morning, there has been road work going on for over a year around the high school. They have a new traffic light at the ole 4-way stop intersection, but it isn’t working yet. 

I get to go to the skin doctor tomorrow, he will check my sun damaged body. Heck, when I was a young person, I would work for farmers hauling bailed hay. We would be out in the sun with no protection on our arms, neck and face. There were to many sun-burns and now I get to see if the doctor can make me better.

Prior to Tres and my walk this morning, we were out front getting the newspaper, where I observed Molly, the Ford’s only cat, on a red bench with two fake cats. Was she looking for a friend? The photo to follow is not real clear.


Chiggers itch!

Senior retired person who could use another cup of coffee, Don the Ford

No comments: