Translate

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

August 2nd 2022

           

            Yep, another posting which does not have a title line other than the date. I was thinking about all the crap that is going on, and that the national guards get involved.

            I do remember in the olden days, when I was in the national guard, this was back during the time when the Vietnam war was going on, and if you were around during those times you would know, there was all kinds of rioting going on. We as national guard members, were constantly training in riot control.

I remember one time during a training day, I had been chosen as one of several guards to be, "The rioters"! Yep, some of us got to be the rioters, and then the guards had to control us, and get us to leave the area, or they could detain the rioter. During this training time, the guards had a line across the street, and they were attempting to move us bad people down the street.

I being the bad guy, began calling out to one of the officers who was behind the line of guards. I yelled at him, "I know your wife, and I had a lot of fun with her last night." I got his attention; now remember we are in a training process. No, I did not know this fellow, and I did not know his wife! Well, I kept yelling at him, and I knew he was listening. This officer suddenly broke rank and came through the line of guards and came after me. His officer caught him before he got to me and chewed him out in front of everyone.

The senior officer then pointed out, in a real riot situation you can't let the rioters get you upset, and you never break ranks.

Now along the same topic but in a different direction: when I was in the guards, we all had civilian jobs. When the national guards are activated for any type duty, they are taken away from their civilian jobs. Employers can't find enough people to work as it is, and then the guard gets taken to the border or some other place, that makes it that much more difficult for the employers to keep their business profitable.

I just wanted to point that out to "you", and the rest of the reading public!

Not a lot of anything going on here in Hewitt, except it is still hot. The Tres and I went for a walk this morning, and we met another person walking his dog. As usual, Tres had to bark at the other dog, and the other dog had to bark back at him.

A little later in the walk, we were at one end of a block when a minivan flew past us. I could not see the driver, but they were going fast. At the end of the block there is a stop sign on the cross street, and the minivan failed to stop. I watched as the van proceeded on in the next block, and the van drifted to the left side of the street, but it recovered before it got to the end of the block. A red pickup flew by me, and it also failed to stop at the stop sign. I should note, they did slow down, but that was due to the dips in the road at that stop sign. People should drive carefully even on streets where there is little traffic!

Well, I have watered the neighbor's tree, and our berry beds this morning, so I need a cup of coffee and I will take a well-deserved break. I only have enough money in the star coffee card to get one more cup, so I will not be going out for my cup of coffee.

Topic substitution: I have a photo of an odd-looking animal that I found in the #1 berry bed. I have no idea what it was, but its eyes were open wide, and I assumed it might bite me if I tried to pick it up. Maybe you can identify the animal. Is it a bird?


            Well, coffee is ready, so I got to go, hope your day is filled with kindness, you should try sharing it with others!

You get what you give!

Senior retired person with a cup of coffee that is getting cold, Don the Ford

No comments: