Translate

Monday, August 22, 2022

August 22, 2022

            Well, it finally happened, in fact it happened Sunday morning as we were returning home from the Cracker store. The breakfast was ok, the service kind of slow, and when we left the store, we noticed how hot and steamy it was. On the way home we could see rain off in the distance, and we were hoping it would make it to us. On the way home we could see that the streets were wet, so it must have rained. Just as we pulled up in front of the Ford’s Homestead, we received a few sprinkles on the Ford’s ole Chevy’s windshield. Now you know what finally happened, “I got to try the Ford’s more than two months old windshield wipers, and they worked!” Yes, it was just a sprinkle, and the wipers only when back and forth a couple times, but they work!

            The prognosticators are still saying we will get a bunch of rain today, so I am not watering anything outside this morning. Hay, if we do get a good rain I will be able to save a couple dollars by not running the lawn sprinklers tomorrow.

            Do your neighbors know everything? This morning after the Tres and I went for a walk, I informed my first wife that I was going to get a burrito. My present spouse allowed me to leave the property and she did not tell me to be careful. I was able to secure a cup of coffee from the Star place, and a burrito from the Mexican food place. I returned home with out any accidents, and when I was getting out of the vehicle a neighbor lady, who was walking up the street stopped, looked my way and then asked, “Did you get a burrito?” I responded saying yes, and holding the small sack with the burrito in it up so she could see it, I also held the cup of coffee up.

            So, I am getting out of my car at 7:20am, a neighbor wants to know if I have a burrito. What else do the neighbors know about my daily routines? I thought I was the neighborhood watcher, and it seems like I am not the only watcher!

            Today:  I really do not have any plans, I will attempt to pick up the Alex and possibly Gabi after school this afternoon. They are saying it may be raining at dismissal time, that makes the crazy traffic even worse!

            I have thought about pulling some weeds this morning, as the sun is behind the clouds. I don’t enjoy pulling weeds, especially in the berry beds, as they seem to attack me relentlessly.

            Speaking of the berry beds, there is very little new growth at this time, which we assume is due to the lack of rain. The number three bed is looking better than the others, it gets the same amount of watering, it has fewer weeds to drink up the water, and it has more shade in the afternoon.

            Don’t bug me: I have a photo taken on the back of my time out chair.


 

            Well, if I am going to do anything, I had better get going. Hope your day is fun and safe!

Black berry thorns hurt!

Senior ole person who don’t need any more holes in his arms, Don the Ford

No comments: