Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

August 24, 2022

            What can I say, it rained, things are growing, the yards (front and back) need to be mowed. I wanted the rain; I did not want the work that follows the rain!

            The old and the new Jasmine is looking good. The areas in the old Jasmine where the construction workers crushed it down, is coming back. I also noticed a vine growing in the Jasmine. Now I can see that one of you there in the reading public (Bob) has a comment on my last comment. Bob is wanting to say, "Jasmine are vining plants, and the Don is saying there is a vine growing in the Jasmine"!

            Bob, the vining plant that is growing in the Jasmine has slightly different leaves and it also has blooms. This plant comes back each year and I pull it up each year, photo to follow.


            The photo is taken at the edge of the walkway. We do know what this plant is, and we have others like it that grow in the ditch behind the homestead.

            I picked Alex up at school yesterday and the traffic was crazy. We could not get out of the parking space I was in, due to all the vehicles passing in front of us. Alex suggested I park in a different location today, there wasn't much traffic in the parking area he suggested, and I agreed with him. He will need to walk a little further (a couple hundred feet) to get to my vehicle, which he said he was willing to do.

            Alex is playing 7th grade football this year, and he got a new pair of football shoes yesterday, I think they may be called cleats. I don't know how long it takes to break a pair in.

            Wayne, I did not get a burrito this morning, just thought you should know!

            Our dog Tres may not be feeling too good today. He woke me up three times last night wanting to go outside. Each time he was out for a couple minutes and then ready to come back inside. We did go for a short walk this morning and he seemed ok during the walk.

            During the short walk the Tres and I were surprised by a gang of male subjects running through the neighborhood. We were about 100 feet from and intersection, (the intersection was behind us), when we heard a commotion, it was the sound of a gang of young men running across the street behind us. I was wondering if they had just broken into someone's house, or possibly broken into a car, and were trying to get away before the police arrived. You never know now days; these young people see things on the internet and then they just have to try and do it.

            I guess they might have been high school boys who were exercising for cross country events, whoever they were, they were like a gang, and were running. 

            Well, since I was robbed of my sleep last night, I think I may get in the fords ole recliner and catch up!  

            Hope you have a safe and productive day!

Rain brings work!

Senior ole person who will be mowing later this week, Don the Ford

No comments: