Translate

Sunday, August 21, 2022

August 21, 2022

            Today is Sunday, and again I have no real plans. I have decided to not walk the dog today, I should say, Tres is not happy! I did water the plants out back, even though they say we might get some rain today. As I was watering the plants the nozzle broke where the hose connects to the device, and I got wet. Heck, I had a shower yesterday, did I need another shower today?

Stop right now, I know what you are thinking, I want no comment from you on that!

I have suggested to my first wife that we go to the Cracker store for breakfast, now all we need to do is to determine a time.

Yesterday, a tale by Don the Ford: we went to a wedding, then we went to a reception later in the afternoon.

Well, I guess that is it for now, I don’t have anything interesting to relate to you, and I will need to dry off from the unexpected shower, then get dressed for my Cracker breakfast.

What? Oh, I thought you were not interested in the wedding, since you were not invited. What’s it to you, I think you are just being nosey, wanting to know where my favorite wife and I went, and our activities yesterday. Heck it would take too long to relate our day yesterday’s adventure, and I am sure you would fall asleep reading it.

Why would anyone want to know that we drove about 35 miles one way, to get to the Church were the funeral, I mean wedding was held. That it was a nice Catholic church and that our GPS took us there without any problems. You do not need to know that I also got on line and went into maps to see where the Church was located, and how to get there.

It was an interesting wedding, mostly due to me never being at a wedding in a Catholic church. The wedding ended and we started the long drive home, hoping that we could remember the way back from Belton TX.

Arriving at home after that long 35-mile drive, I had a sandwich for lunch, and then I took a well-deserved nap. Once I was awakened, we watch some reruns on TV, and then I decided to do something more interesting, I read the bible for a while.

Finally, it became time to go to the wedding reception, so we mounted the Ford’s ole Chevy and headed out. Would you believe it took 1.5 hours driving to get to the reception? I wouldn’t either, it only took 10 minutes.

We entered the building and found some friends who allowed us to sit with them. Did I state that this was a Hispanic couple getting married? There were free drinks, yes even adult beverages, but they were very small in size. They served a meal, well they provided a meal, we had to go through the line to get the meal. The food was good the drinks were ok and the conversations were lively.

They had a DJ playing recorded music and making announcements, the music was too loud for my ole person ears. There was a Mariachi band who came in later and they were excellent. This group got everyone’s attention, and their music was really good. There were many requests for various Hispanic songs.

The newlyweds had their dance, and there were toasts to the couple. After a couple hours my favorite wife and I headed out, hoping we could find our way back home. As I stated earlier, nothing to talk about, nothing you would be interested in.

$$$$ Weddings $$$$!

Senior person who needs to get dressed, Don the Ford

No comments: