Translate

Saturday, August 6, 2022

August 6, 2022

            Well, how do I start this article, I guess I will start by providing you, and the reading public, a true tale of a recent event here at the Ford’s homestead.

            It was a early afternoon in the very hot summer, when I strolled out from the Ford’s Homestead and headed for the Ford’s ole rocker with a cold drink in my hand. I had no more then sat down when I heard what sounded like a jet plane flying overhead. I forced my ole body to look up, in an effort to see what the jet plane looked like.

            I was surprised, I did not see a jet plane, I did not see any air plane, but I did see a couple buzzards circling overhead. Now I am fairly sure that the buzzards were not making the sound of a jet plane, so I continued to look for the jet. What did I see, now there was four buzzards circling overhead? I began to consider, these buzzards are looking for something dead to eat, could I be dead and not know it.

            That is when I decided to take my first drink from my glass that had my adult beverage in it. After a couple swallows of the beverage, I then realized that I was not dead, and the buzzards can go to smell somewhere else. 

            Allow me to alter the topic: as I was resting on the Ford’s ole recliner yesterday, I could hear someone running a lawn mower. Being inquisitive I got up and went to see who was working in the heat. Seeing the neighbor mowing his yard caused me to think. The lawn sprinklers will run tomorrow morning, and some of the heads need to have the grass cut away so they can spray properly.

            Well to make a short story long, I went to the shed where I procured the ole lawn mower, put some gas in it, and brought it to the front yard. The mowing only took about 20 minutes in the 99-degree temperature, and then I acquired the string trimmer and proceeded to trim. I found several of the sprinkler heads and cut the grass away from them, some I could not find. Yes, I can turn the system on and find the heads, but that would be considered as watering, and yesterday was not our watering day.

            The front yard work complete I noticed the back 40 needs some work, but it was too hot and I was too tired to mess with it, maybe tomorrow I can address the back 40.

            Another subject: I drove in to Waco yesterday to see about getting a bottle. The drive through was closed, I had to get out and go inside to get an adult beverage. That is pretty bad when the drive through is closed, don’t they know ole people do not want to get out of their vehicle?

            New purchase: my favorite spouse of more than half a century, purchased me a cover for the back seat of the Fords ole Chevy. This cover should allow the Tres to go for a ride with me and not leave hair all over the back seat.

            Well, if I am going to work in the back 40 this morning, I had better get started. We hope your day is filled with fun, and the work load is lite.

Pray for rain!

Senior ole person who must work all the time, when he isn’t napping, Don the Ford

No comments: