Translate

Saturday, August 20, 2022

August 20, 2022

            Well, it is Saturday, and nothing new here at the homestead. Tres took me for a walk this morning after getting the newspaper for my favorite wife. During our walk, we observed two black cats and one orange cat laying on the street, they were just taking it easy. Two of the cats packed up and left, but the one small black cat just lay there as we walked by. Now I should note that the cat was on the other side of the street. This isn’t the first time this has happened. 

            We made it to the end of the street, were we turned and headed back up the street, on the same side as the black cat. This time the cat decided to get out of the street and climbed a tree as we walked by.

            Let’s talk about water: we have had ½ + ¼ = ¾ inch of rain in a couple days. The weather prognosticator said we have an excellent chance for more rain in the coming week. As we sat outside yesterday afternoon, we observed this cloud and we could hear thunder, but we did not get any rain.


            Getting married: My wife and I will attempt to go to a wedding today. the only problem is, we don’t know exactly where the church is. We do have the address and it is located in Belton TX, so I hope the GPS in the Ford’s ole Chevy is still working. Later in the afternoon there will be a party and I am told there will be food.

            Darn it, that means I will need to take a shower and clean up today. Now that I am thinking about it, when I was a kid, we always had to take a bath on Saturday night. The weekly bath on Saturday night was due in part to going to church the next day. During the week, if we weren’t too dirty, we just had to wash with a washcloth.

            Food: I did go to the rose café and get a couple breakfast tacos this morning. My gift card to that café has run out so I will not be going back for more.

            Planet in the photo: a friend informed me that the planet I see each morning is Venus!

            Well, there are a couple hanging flower baskets I need to water and check the bird baths for water, so I guess that is it for now.

Wedding and party!

Senior person who don’t know how to party, but knows how to eat, Don the Ford

No comments: