Translate

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Don't bug me 06.30.2022

            The Don does not use that term too often, but I will use that statement today. I was outside this morning getting ready to water the potted plants in the front yard, as Molley the cat was getting into my way, wanting me to rub her back.

            Speaking of watering plants, if one waters a flower bed one day, the next day if one pulls weeds from that bed, the weeds seem to come out much easier, due to the wet earth. My question is, if I water a flower bed or a black berry bed at 9:00am, how long before the earth is wet enough for me to easily pull the weeds? 

            Ok, let’s get back to the don’t bug me title. Alex was here all day yesterday, Gabi was here half the day, but the title line does not apply to either of my favorite grandkids. How do I explain the title line, possibly I have a photo that could help?


            Now that bug was on the wall over the garage door, under the night light. My grandson Alex explained to me, the wings look like dried leaves, and they work as camouflage so a bird will not want to eat them. If you look closely, there appears to be a face on the back of the bugs head, I guess that is camouflage too. That bug did not bug me!

            A different topic: Tres and I went out to the fence at the ditch behind the homestead where I had a loaf of bread that was becoming stale, it was not moldy, so I walk along the fence tossing each piece of bread across the fence into the ditch for the birds to eat. If I tossed them in our back yard, Tres would eat them all. Tres likes bread so I gave him a slice of bread.

            I have watered the flowers out front this morning, and during the process, I spoke with a neighbor. We talked about our lawn sprinkler systems. He noted that his sprinklers are schedule to run three times a week while the temperatures are in the 100s! My sprinklers run twice a week; I might want to bump them up to three times during this extreme heat.

            Well, I just acquired (for that one person, acquired means in this setting, got, or have) a cup of coffee and I am enjoying it.

            I would like to present another photo, I have stopped picking the black berries, but there are still a few berries on the vines. I have a photo of one large berry, that I acquired today.


            That is all for now, have a good day!

Don’t bug others!

Senior retired person who bugs you daily, with these posting, Don the Ford

No comments: