Translate

Monday, June 6, 2022

First time 06.06.2022

            Do you remember your first time? I guess there is a first time for everything, and we had a first time here at the Ford’s homestead yesterday. But before we get into the First time allow me to tell you about part of my day.

            I had a list of 5 things I wanted or need to do, and I thought I might get them all done yesterday, but I didn’t. It was morning, not two hot when I proceeded to the Ford’s ole garage. I carefully removed my first wife’s van from the garage and started moving a couple items out of my way. I had planned on covering two holes which were in one of the cabinets that I had installed many years ago.

            I assume that the holes were made by mice, and I had place mouse traps at both holes. The thought was, if a mouse went in or out, I would get them. Over a couple months’ time, I caught two frogs and two birds. I decided to cover the holes with wood, and hopefully stop killing the frogs and birds. If you are wondering how they get in the garage, the door is open most of the day and it is left up a little at night so a cat could come in.

            The project of two boards being attached to the ole cabinet was completed, but was the beginning of a major movement and relocating of items. I even got my wife involved and we worked on this for about 3 hours. A neighbor came to the homestead so my best wife and our friend began looking at flowers and then they enjoyed some time discussing the worlds problems.  

            We are getting rid of a bunch of ole paint, and other items that had not been touched for years. So, the small project turned out to be a good thing. I did get two of the five things on the list done yesterday. 

            Topic swap; A neighbor brought us a couple fresh ears of corn which he had just pulled from his garden. The two ears were later cut in half, and cooked as part of our supper. They were super good! Photo to follow!


            It is good when a neighbor knows we are on a fixed income and they bring you food!

            Subject alteration; even though it seems as if an ole senior person couldn’t have a first time, since being old he should have experienced everything a couple times, yesterday was the first time. My favorite wife makes cheese cakes occasionally and yesterday she made a different kind of cheese cake. I do have a photo which should make you hungry. 


             Now normally my first wife makes the cheese cake with only cherries on top, but as you can see this cheese cake has two toppings, cherries and apples. Yes, it was good, and we learned one thing; the apple slices would be better if they were cut into smaller pieces.

            Question; why are they known as cheese cakes, when they look like a cheese pie?

            Well, I guess that is it for now, coffee time then berry picking time, or vice versa!

Remember the first time?

Senior retired person who is still allowed to work, Don the Ford

No comments: