Translate

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day 06.19.2022

            To each and every father, I wish you a happy and safe Father’s Day!

            Today is Father’s Day and my favorite wife and I plan to stay home today and rest, although I have already been outside watering the jasmine in the new bed along with flowers in flowerpots, and I have picked black berries. I did repair the hose that has a leak in it with some duct tape, I know you real people would buy a new hose, but us ole retired people who are on a fixed income have to be a little more inventive. The tape slowed the water down, it was not spraying out, just dripping a little, photo to follow.


 

On that note, my black berry picken (picken is a word I learned in Missouri) has come very close to an end. I got very few today, although I will venture forth and check for a few late bloomers. The volunteer plant behind the shed, that is growing inside a tomato ring, has mostly green berries on it, and one of them is almost red. I will attempt to harvest that berry if the mockingbirds will leave them alone.

Topic alteration: yesterday our family got together and celebrated Father’s Day, a day early. We did go out to lunch, and I must say, we had good food and enjoyable conversations. Now as usual, I did get some nice Father’s Day cards, and a couple gifts, you know some new shirts and some Cuban Cigars. I also received a new pair of shorts yesterday, but I had ordered them myself. I have a photo with one of the cigars and I had the new shorts on.


 

            I did not say you could see the shorts, I just said I had them on. The shirt? No, the shirt is an ole shirt. No, the cigar was not lit, they do not have to be lit to enjoy them.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, I might get a cup of coffee, and take it easy for a while.

Happy Father’s Day!

Senior Father who is happy to be a father, Don the Ford

No comments: