Translate

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Have fun, fall down 06.28.2022

            Now for that one person who read the title line, yes, the Don was having fun and the Don fall down! don’t get excited, sit still and allow the Don to explain.

            This all happened yesterday, the Alex was here, and he was mowing the front yard. The Don had a cup of coffee and was sitting outside more or less as a supervisor for the work that Alex was producing. Actually, Alex knows how to mow in a safe manner, and he does not require close supervision.

            The Don had brought an ole office chair from the garage out to the driveway, where there was a shady spot, and he was sitting on that chair. This chair use to be in the Ford’s ole office and when its replacement went into the office, the ole chair went out into the garage. It does work good in the garage when working on a project, one can move from place to place without getting out of the chair, it has rollers on it

            Now the Don was enjoying his cup of coffee as he sat there, and he would from time-to-time spin around on the chair. Now this chair will make two to three complete turns with one push, and I was having fun. Heck, I was feeling like a kid again, when I was spinning around on the chair. I had finished my cup of coffee and I decided to move the chair just a couple feet to get back into the shade. I was close to the edge of the driveway when I was moving and then it happened. Two of the wheels went off the drive, and the chair when backwards with me in it all the way down to the grass covered ground.

            I hit the ground and did not feel any pain, so I began to laugh at myself. As I was laughing and trying to get up, I thought, I bet I will be hurting tomorrow. Then I thought, did any of the neighbors see me flip off the drive?

The good part of this, if there was one, I fell backwards with the back of the chair covering my entire back, it worked like a pad for the ole senior persons back. I feel fine and I have a photo of the chair from the back so you can see why I did not break anything. 


 

            Now in the photos we see the chair next to the edge of the drive, and then we see the Don in the chair, do not look at the bald spot on the back of the Dons head. The chair back protected the Dons back when he went backwards off the driveway. The good Lord directed the chair, to protect the Don!        I believe!

            I have a photo of the front yard after my favorite grandson, “Alex”, finished mowing.


            You are correct, Alex does good work for his silly ole grandpa!

            New topic: we got some rain yesterday afternoon (one half an inch). My favorite wife and I was sitting outside when the lightening started, and the wind increased. The rain drops began to fall, and we headed inside. We are thankful for any amount of rain. We would like to have one of those ole Missouri rains, you know, the rain comes on and off all day, with no runoff, and at the end of the day you have a couple inches of rain in the gage.

            Tuesday morning: I checked the rain gage to see how much rain we received last night, and it shows one and a quarter inch. That was enough overnight rain to activate the override switch and turn off the Ford’s lawn sprinklers. Wow, we saved a dollar!

 

Be happy and smile!

Senior person who use to smile, now with the wrinkles, can he smile, Don the Ford

No comments: