Translate

Friday, June 24, 2022

Exciting! 06.24.2022

            Nope, it wasn’t an exciting day. Actually, I believe that can be a good thing, as some excitement can be due to accidents and so on. There were no accidents or injuries yesterday, and the day was not exciting.

            I did not water the flowers, I did not mow the lawn, I did attempt to sit out on the front porch and read a little, it was so hot that the ice in my glass of water melted. Heck, we didn’t even sit outside yesterday afternoon as it was 104 yesterday.

            What are my plans for today? That is a good question. I do plan to spray some areas for bugs today, that isn’t much fun. I had considered going out for lunch at the bunkhouse as a reward for doing the spraying, and then I thought about it. I don’t go too often now that I don’t have a motorcycle to ride, and the last time I was there they did not have Tooth Picks

            Allow me to clarify, Tooth Picks when referred to in this soon to be well written article, are not the Tooth Picks one would use to clear items from their teeth, these Tooth Picks are thinly sliced peppers and onions, that are deep fried, and served with ranch dressing! I actually like the Tooth Picks as much or more, than the BBQ sandwich I usually get. Imagine how bad I felt the last time I was there, my spouse of more than half a century was there with me, and they did not have my Tooth Picks.

            My favorite wife will be going into town today, so if I go to the Bunkhouse, it will be a long drive all by myself, and we know ole senior retired people don’t like to drive or eat alone!

            Also, I have considered the cost of this type event. The sandwich, Tooth Picks, and tea will cost, tax, title and license included, about $12.00. Now my first wife may have been able to find enough aluminum cans this week to cover that $12.00 cost, but will she allow me to use it for a lunch for myself.

            Also, let’s consider the drive out and back, round trip it will be about 60 miles. Let us assume that the Ford’s ole Chevy will get 15 MPG on the highway, that means, I would use at least 4 gallons of gas, costing $17.60. When we combine the costs, we have expended $29.60!!!

            It would be nice if we were real people and could afford all the nice things you real people enjoy, but we are no longer real people, just ole senior retired people.

            I guess I should just stay home and eat left overs, if there are any, hope you real people enjoy your lunch.

Real or not, have fun!

Senior ole retired person, who would like to have some Tooth Picks, Don the Ford

No comments: