Translate

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Just another day 06.11.2022

            Today is Saturday and not a lot going on here at the Ford homestead. As I understand it, we here in central Texas hit 101 yesterday, and they are suggesting 104 today. I do not know if we are at 104 yet, but I just carried some stuff out to the trash cart, and it is too hot outside!

            I had a couple projects planned for the day, and I wanted to do all planned events prior to the day getting too hot. I was able to get the black berries picked shortly after 6:30am. As I understand it, we now have 10 quarts of berries pick so far this year. Sounds like some black berry cobbler to me!

            I needed to mow and trim the back 40, I was sure I would get the mowing done, but wasn’t sure about the trimming. There are nine things (shed, hot house berry beds, flower beds, swing frame) to trim around, and that does not include along the fence, and along the house.

            The first thing I needed to do was get the ole riding mower out and check the air in the tires. As usual, the left back tire needed several pounds of air, while the other tires were either spot on, or just a pound off. Tires aired up, I then proceeded to pick up debris from the yard, and yes that included dog droppings. I also removed a couple dog toys and coiled up the hose.

            The mowing started, and as usual, the mowing took about 45 minutes. That completed, I parked the mower, got a drink of water, and started the trimming of the back 40. As I was trimming around everything, I took a couple photos.


 

            The first photo is of a new flower that has been planted just a couple days now, it was a gift from a friend. The second photo is of the sunflower near the shed. This guy has several blooms on it and there are a bunch more trying to pop up. I have never seen a sunflower with that many blooms.


 

Another half hour and I was done with the trimming. I procured another drink of cold water and sat on a bench for a while. Is my ole senior body able to trim the ditch, the only way to know is to try. I would like to say I jumped up off the bench and trotted over to the shed, but I didn’t, I was able to get the gas for the trimmer and the keys to the gate. After getting the chains off the ole gate, I let the Tres out in the ditch, he likes to explore. When he returned, I then started the trimmer and began the trimming process, even though one half of the ditch was in the sun. I did notice that the fire ants that are usually there just on the other side of the fence had left. It was as if someone had spilled something like gas on the mounds, but that is illegal, and I would not want anyone to do that. Now that I think of it, I did toss some fire ant killer on each of the mounds earlier this year.

I was able to get the side of the ditch trimmed which is close to our fence, the other side has grass growing, but it was not too tall, and there weren’t a lot of weeds on the other side.

Tools put away, I was ready to get a shower and a nice long break! I guess I could note, I did mow the front yard yesterday, so all the mowing is now completed for this week.

Topic change: knowledgeable bible readers, what does Luke 14:26 mean to you?

Time for a break, I got to go!

The Bible is interesting!

Senior retired person who does read the bible daily, Don the Ford

No comments: