Translate

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Yesterday and today 06.08.2022

            Allow me to start with yesterday. Alex and I did work together yesterday, he used the ax, I used the shovel. We went out before the sun got too high; in truth we were working in the shade of the house. There was an ole rose bush that had been around for possibly 20 years, and it finally gave up and died. My present wife wanted to plant some flowers in that flower bed, so we needed to remove the stump and some of the roots of the ole rose bush.

            I would use the shovel to remove some dirt, which would expos a root, and then Alex would chop the root. This team effort took about 30 minutes, and we finally broke it loose and removed the stump. I did not take a photo of the stump, prior to our work starting, but I did get one after the work was completed.


           In the photo, the stump is sitting on a trash container lid. I offered Alex some pay for his work, or we could go to the star coffee place and get a drink. He chose the drink.

            I will continue with today. My favorite wife had some flowers she wanted to plant, and some she wanted moved from a pot into a flower bed. I went to the shed and got a shovel and hoe, then proceeded to use both before it was 7:00am. Yep, the early bird gets to dig in the yard. We planted the flower that a neighbor had given us, and we moved the flowers from the pot to the bed. After watering the newly planted flowers, I proceeded to pick the black berries. Wounded from the thorns, and tired from the excessive work, I drug my ole body back into the house. I have a couple photos of blooming flowers taken early this morning.



           There is a photo of the big sunflower which now has a small bloom on it. The black berry vines are hanging onto the sunflower. 

            Alex arrived a few minutes later and he noted that my shirt was wet, so he asked, “have you been working?” I smiled and said, “yes”. Well, the conversation was something like that.

            As soon as I get done with this posting, I hope to get to take a nap, or at least have a cup of coffee.

Love and be happy!

Senior person who works too hard, and naps to little, or vice versa, Don the Ford

No comments: