Translate

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Do nothing day 06.07.2022

            Yesterday was a do-nothing day. Alex was here, as school is out for the summer, and he help me pick the black berries. Then basically I did little or nothing until time to go pick up Gabi from school. Gabi is taking a summer class to get some extra credit.

            Alex went with me to get his sister, as he knew which door at school that she would be coming out of.

Back at home we all had homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch, and it was good. Basically yesterday, I did little other than pull up some trees from the front yard and the jasmine beds.

            Around 2:30 David got off work, so Gabi Alex and I when to pick Dave up, and take them all home. Back at the homestead, I again kicked back doing nothing until about 5:00pm, when we went outside with a drink in hand, where we complained about the heat.

            I did have a sandwich for a supper meal.

My spouse of more than 50 years noted that the flowers in pots out back needed to be watered. I had watered them Sunday morning, I guess they dry out fast, so I proceeded out back and begin watering. Not only did I water the potted plants; I gave the bird bath some fresh water along with the dog’s water bucket. Yep, I watered the black berries and then after all that watering, I decided to pick the black berries. I have a photo which was taken while I was watering the flowers, it is of the four O’clocks blooming.

 


            I was able to drag my ole body back into the homestead and get a shower and cool down. Now you know what a do-nothing day is like.

Do something today!

Senior ole person who still has nothing to do, Don the Ford

No comments: