Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2022

I guess I am done 06.25.2022

            Wow, the Don is done! What could the Don be done with; you should have asked?

            The Don did his chores yesterday, he even checked the air pressure in the spare tire on the Ford’s ole Chevy, and then he drove out to the Bunk House where he was once again disappointed!  

            I should state, the Don was disappointed in several ways this time.

First off, they have changed the counter where one places their order and pays.

The lady that has been there for years at the cash register, is not there.

The people working behind the counter were all strangers to me.

They most likely have a new owner.

They did not have the toothpicks

I ordered the turkey sandwich as usual; but it took 15 minutes to get it to my table.

The turkey taste ok, but the bread it was on was not ok, it cost $7.50. 

They had music from a radio station playing on the PA system, too loud.

I do not plan to ever go back there again!

            The trip was 77.5 miles and I got 22 miles to the gallon, that means the cost of the food and gas for a disappointing meal was, $24.70”! I should have stayed at home.

            Today: this morning I watered all the flowers front and back yard. I then got the weed trimmer and trimmed around everything in the back 40. I picked up the litter from the back 40, and I was also in the poopa-loopa! Do you like that name? Poopa-loopa is what come out of the south end of a north bound dog.  Then I aired up the tires on the Ford’s ole riding mower and mowed the back 40.

            I was allowed to take a shower and a 15-minute nap. The nap seemed to help my ole tired body a little. Then I was allowed to take my favorite wife to town where we purchased a water mister and a portable lawn sprinkler. The mister is to provide a cooling area in the back 40 for the Tres and all the birds, squirrels, rabbits and anything else that needs to be cooled. The new portable lawn sprinkler will be used to water areas not covered by the sprinkler system.

            A friend just dropped by and gave us some information about a few flowers we have. It has been so hot that my first wife had some questions. We also had a flower bloom for the first-time last night, I got a photo of the bloom.



           The bloom was there this morning and was gone by lunch.

Well, I guess that is it for today.

No toothpicks, no fun!

Senior retired person who works too hard, Don the Ford

No comments: