Translate

Friday, June 3, 2022

Friday again 06.03.2022

            Well, we made it to Friday again and I guess that is good and bad. The good part could be, we are still here able to enjoy another day, the bad part is, the grass needs to be mowed due to the rains we have received. They are saying we may get some more rain today, that might keep a fellow from mowing.

            I did not do too much yesterday, I did pick the black berries after the light rain ended, and got a good harvest, I need to get out there this morning and see what is available.

            Yesterday afternoon prior to going to pick David up at work I went to the teller machine and got our $5.00 stipend, for the week to come, five dollars don’t go too far now days, and I went to the star coffee place and I had a free cup of coffee coming. Following picking up the free coffee I went to David’s place of employment, where I sat on a bench outside enjoying my cup of free coffee. 

            David would get off at 1:30 normally, but they had some OT yesterday so I got to sit there about 30 minutes. I did get to say hello to several of the staff as they left. There are a lot of employees that I do not know.

            I did get David home safely and returning to the Ford’s homestead, I decided to sit outside, yep, I had completely forgotten that it was Thursday, and we usually go out for supper on Thursdays. My favorite wife asked if we were going to sit outside or go to supper? I immediately jumped from the Ford’s ole rocker, grabbed the keys to the Ford’s ole Chevy and headed out. Yes, I took my first wife with me!

            Supper was good, and when we returned home, we did sit outside for a while, enjoying the quiet evening.

            A topic change; I did clean the Ford’s ole office yesterday. The effort that I had to put into the cleaning was almost unbearable, but I fought through all the pains of wiping everything with a damp cloth, and also mopping the floor. The reward is a clean environment for the ole senior Don the Ford to work in. Ok it isn’t work for real people, but it is work for ole retired people who are on a fixed income.

            I guess that is it for now, hope you have a good day.

Clean, can’t beat it!

Senior ole retired person who has showered and is clean, Don the Ford

No comments: