Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

No one noticed 06.15.2022

            Well, as the title line indicates, no one noticed. It is so hurtful when an ole senior does something and not one person even noticed, not one comment like, “Nice job Don”. Would you believe, I had tears in my eyes most of the day.

            Let’s discuss something that was enjoyable. I had decided to pick some berries from the back 40 yesterday morning, and the Alex volunteered to help. Together we approached the #1 and #3 beds, Alex on one side and me on the other. That worked out well, and we harvested several nice berries. Now when we got to the #2 bed, since it is against the shed, we both worked from the same side. Having two people looking, we were able to find more berries.

            Later in the day I was allowed to water all the flowers and berries out back along with flower pots out front. I try to never water the flowers when the sun is shining on the plants, that was something that my parents taught me, almost a hundred years ago.

            It was windy yesterday, and it felt a little cooler as we said outside yesterday afternoon, even though they said it was 100 at the airport.

            What else did I do yesterday, not a lot, although I did put the new windshield wipers on the Ford’s ole Chevy.

I had broken one of the wipers on the truck a couple weeks ago. Before anyone asks, the wipers were wiping the windshield as it was a slight drizzle of rain, and there was a smear on the windshield, so I grabbed the wiper with the smear as it was moving, and quickly lifted it from the window, then let it go, hoping it would clear the smear. It did not clear the smear, it got worse, as I had evidently broken the wiper.

Now anyone who knows me, knows I can read, but I do not always understand what I read, and often need to read instructions two or three times. Oddly, when I read from a book or Bible, I have less problems understanding.

I opened the first wiper box and removed the wiper thinking that all I would need to do was remove the old and replace the new. That did not happen, so I read the instructions. There were drawings of possibly 8 different wiper hardware (the metal piece that the wiper attaches to). There was something about using either the red or yellow piece. I looked, there was not a red or yellow piece.

Now it took me a while, and after multiple reviews of the “destructions aka instructions, I noticed a couple items in plastic bags. Then I noticed that one plastic bag had a red tent to it even though it was almost clear, and the other bag has a yellow tent to it. Now I knew where the yellow item was, even though the item was black it was in a slightly yellow bag.

Well, it took a while to get the new yellow item on the wiper blade and then get the wiper blade on the hardware. The second blade was much easier to install, now that I know how.

After all that work on my part, I thought that someone would notice the new wipers. Not one person noticed that I have new wipers! When I picked Gabi up from school, I assumed she would say I like your new wipers, nice job grandpa, and not one person said nice job.

Now you know why I had tears in my eyes all day yesterday.

May all your work and new items be noticed.

Expect less, get more!

Senior ole person who usually expects more and gets less, Don the Ford

No comments: