Translate

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

On my knees again 06.14.2022

            Yep, as the title line states, I was, “On my knees again”! It seems as if the Don always has something to pray about, and yesterday he was praying that he could get off his knees. The Don was on his knees pulling weeds from the new jasmine bed. As I had stated in an earlier posting, I wanted to stay off the jasmine plants while pulling the weeds. I was able to get most of the weeds, you never get them all, but the bed looks much better now. We are going to get some fertilizer for the bed and I plan to water every day for a while, we want the jasmine to grow and cover the ground.

            I filled a 3-gallon bucket with weeds from the jasmine bed, photo to follow, yep, I did have knee pads.



            I had found a coin when I was doing some flower bed work a week or so ago. The coin was in very poor condition, and I could not tell if it was a penny or a dime. The coin was covered with something, like it had rusted but the color was a gray, almost white. I compared the size to a penny and a dime, it was closer to the size of a dime, but with the crud that was covering it, I could not determine what type coin it is.

            Our favorite grandson Alex was looking at it and said if he had an ole tooth brush, he could clean it off and we would know what it was. I gave him an ole tooth brush and he did get some of the coating off, but not all. He said he thought it was a penny, as he said he could see a little bit of the head, and it was facing the direction a penny faces.

            Yesterday, he explained that if he had a potato, he could put the coin in the potato and the acid from the potato would remove the coating. Photos to follow.



                       

The potato was cut in half, the coin was inserted, the potato was put back together, and later most of the coating was gone. It is a penny! 

Young people, they are knowledgeable!

That is all for now, hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable day!

Now I am a penny richer!

                                    I found it; it is my penny!

Senior retired person who may be a penny pincher, Don the Ford

No comments: