Translate

Monday, June 20, 2022

Starting a new week 06.20.2022

            Well, it starts this week. What is it, it is summer, at least, that is what they are saying? I think summer has been here for about 6 weeks now, but now they are going to recognize its here.

            Another subject somewhat on the same topic: we have not had rain for a while, and I have not been allowed to use my new windshield wipers. I paid a fortune fore the wipers, and not even a little mist. I guess I could get in the truck and have my favorite wife spray it with water from a hose.

            We will have Gabi here at the homestead today, Alex is at Boy Scout camp this week. When she gets here, we will determine if she would enjoy a breakfast burrito, and if so, I will be allowed to leave the homestead, for a short trip to the burrito factory! I might even drive as far as the star coffee place for a cup, and if Gabi rides with me, it will cost me more. Grandparents are generous.

            Topic change; I did check the black berries this morning and there was a few that were ready to pick. The number one bed is finished and I will need to determine when I can trim it back. The number two bed still has several berries but they are taking their time getting ripe, and the birds are getting their share. The number three bed has surprised me, it has produced very well, even though this is its firsts year for production.

            I have a photo of the volunteer black berry that is growing, and also starting to produce a few berries, behind the shed.


 

            The tomato rings were put behind the shed as we did not need them, and the berries decide to grow inside them. Look closely and you will see a few volunteer berries.

            I guess that is about it for now, have a safe and productive day.

Share your Blessings!

Senior retired person who needs a breakfast burrito, Don the Ford

No comments: