Translate

Friday, June 10, 2022

I got the help 06.10.2022

            You may be correct, the Don may need help all the time, and he got it yesterday.

            The Alex arrived and immediately started helping me getting the items and tools that he, I mean we would need to get this project completed. In truth, Alex did all the work as I was harvesting the black berries.

            Alex first measured the area that would be covered with the wood, and then marked the wood for cutting. He would need to cut two boards, and he decided to put them together and cut them both at the same time. Wow, he saved time and effort.

            After the two boards were properly marked and cut, he took one board and began to plane one edge of the board. He needed to remove about ¼ inch of wood in order to make the two pieces of wood fit in the open area. This was the first time he had used a plane, and he did a very good job.

            We then procured 4 screws, a screwdriver, and a drill. He drilled 2 holes in each of the two boards, which would make it easier to screw the screws into the wood below. After drilling the two holes, he placed the two boards on to the roller bed, and screwed the screws into the wood. I did help a little, I held the roller bed still while he inserted the screws. It is a roller bed, on wheels, it would move if I had not helped, get off my case! Photo of worker (Alex), and finished project to follow.

            I did not do much during the day, I did get the Gabi from school. Gabi and I did get Bushes ice tea and take it home for lunch. My favorite wife took me to the restaurant for supper, we had fish! Back at home, we did sit outside in the hot summer weather for about an hour, trying to get our tired ole senior bodies to relax.

            Topic exchange; today I need to go and purchase a breakfast burrito, pick the black berries, get my hair cut, get a wiper for the Ford’s ole Chevy, mow the grass, go to a sell at work, and who knows what else I will be required to do. Senior retired people are on the move all the time, at least, we think we are!

            Well, I guess I had better get started, I did go get the burrito, it was good, and now I need to harvest the black berries, hope you have a good day!

Share with someone!

Senior retired ole person who will need a nap later, Don the Ford

No comments: