Translate

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Did it happen? 03.31.2022

            If it would have happened tomorrow, I would have understood, but it happened this morning, so I wonder, was it real, or not?    

            As that one viewer understands, tomorrow is the first day of April, and I assume most of us know what the first day of April is.

           What?             No, it isn’t our anniversary! Our anniversary is on April 5th, and it will be 53 years! Tomorrow is April first, aka April fools’ day!

            I can’t believe you didn’t even ask what had happened. If you don’t want to know what happened then just stop reading now, but I am going to enlighten the rest of the reading public.

            It was close to 6:00am when I went to the back door to let the Tres into the House. As I opened the door, I could hear what sounded as if it was raining. It sounded like a light rain tapping on the metal roof of the patio, but I could not see any rain. I was not dressed so I did not venture outside to get a better look.

            I thought, the weather people had not said anything about rain in the area for this morning, but we will take any rain we can get.

            Tres came in, and I got dressed. As usual after dressing, the Tres and I went out front, even though there is no newspaper for him to pick up. Ole people on a fixed income can’t afford all the nice things that regular people enjoy.

            I was surprised to not see any water spots on the sidewalk. If it was raining, even a light rain, should have left some evidence of the rain, but the sidewalk and driveway was dry. There appeared to have been no rain!

            Conclusion;   silly grandpa has gone off the deep end                                                                                                      or it only rained at the back of the house,                                                                                                    or it was a spirit making the sound.

            That is how the morning started here at the Ford’s Homestead.

            As usual, I will be taking the kids to school this morning, and tomorrow morning they will arrive an hour early. That early arrival happens at the beginning of each month, and the grandees like to go to the star coffee place before heading to school. I only have about $2.30 in my ole gold card so if we go, I will need to use real money. I hope I can come up with some money for drinks, me and the kids like a morning beverage.

            There are several things I need to do today; I wonder if I will do any of them. You know I purchased oil to put in the mowers and generator, I could do that today. The back 40 needs to be mowed, the ditch behind the house needs the weeds to be cut down. I could work on the new flower bed in the front yard.

            I did get my hair cut yesterday, and I have a photo for your enjoyment.


            You are supposed to look at the haircut, not the items in the background.

            What do I do today, how do I decide?

Decisions, decisions!

Senior ole person who needs coffee, and help deciding what to do, Don the Ford     

 

No comments: