Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Did you watch it 03.19.2022

            That is about all I did yesterday, you know, I watched it.

            Speaking of a watch, my dad carried a pocket watch. To the best of memory, Dad never had a wristwatch. I received a pocket watch yesterday from my nephew Rick’s wife, Brenda. They thought that I might want to pass it on to one of my sons. Evidently, years ago, my mom gave the watch to Rick and told him that it was my dad’s. Yes, I have a photo.

 


            The watch has a leather pouch, and it is easy to get in and out of your pocket. I remember that dad had a chain on the watch, which attached to the belt loop on his pants. I guess the chain would keep you from dropping the watch, and the leather pouch would keep the watch from getting broken if you dropped it.

            The watch does not work and has not worked since mom gave it to Rick.

            Topic change: I guess I need to put some bird food out, all the big birds are at the small bird’s feeder, and the small birds are being kept away. Bullies!

            I don’t have a lot planned for today, I guess we will go without a plan. I do need to go to the drug store for some drugs, and my present wife wants to go to the nursery. I think she means flower nursery and I hope she does not mean a nursery for babies.

            I have thought about going to the Bunkhouse for lunch, but that would mean it would take several gallons of gas to get there and back. I guess I would spend as much on gas as I would on food. It would be nice to drive out into the country for a while. It would also be nice if we weren’t on a fixed income.

Plan not, do not!

Senior ole person who might do some work, or might not, Don the Ford

No comments: