Translate

Friday, March 25, 2022

Yesterday again 03.25.2022

            Every time I turn around there it is, another yesterday! There seems to be as many yesterdays as there are todays.

            I did do some work in the front yard yesterday, and before anyone asks, yes, I did get my hands dirty. What was the labor that I had participated in, one might ask, but did not ask, so I will enlighten you anyway? I raised two of the lawn sprinkler heads, in preparation for future flower bed expansions. I might have a photo or two, taken of the one head raising.


  
           The little white flag, which is difficult to see, indicates where the sprinkler head is located. The other head that one can see in the lower right, I had raised it a couple inches a few days earlier.

            I had to get through the grass, then dug a hole being careful not to damage the plastic pipe, by the way, there are two plastic pipes as these two heads are on different systems. I have another photo showing the connection of the newly raised head.


   
         There is a strange blue item at the bottom of the pit. Actually, it is water that came out of the head when it was first removed. Why does it appear blue, I do not know? I have another photo of the completed project. I know, you don’t care but I am presenting it anyway!                                                  

            Before anyone comments, that is my foot in the photo. The sprinkler head at the top of the photo is the one I raised yesterday. I did raise another but I did not take photos.

            My favorite wife and I went to the cracker restaurant for our evening repast yesterday. The service was good, as we had a new employee who served us, the food was ok. After filling our bellies, we went to the new farm store in Hewitt, were I was able to purchase 4 quarts of oil using the gift card we received on opening day. Now that I have the oil, I will need to do more dirty work, why can’t I keep my hands clean?

            Before you say it, I am a retired senior person on a fixed income and I can’t afford to wear rubber gloves when working on dirty or messy projects.

            Topic change; the grand kids spent last night here at the homestead, and we are now getting ready to go to school.

            I was able to get the grand kids to school safely and on time.

            I hope your work does not include getting your hands dirty, they are difficult to clean!

Work a lot, wash a lot!

Senior retired person with too many projects for an ole person, Don the Ford

No comments: