Translate

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Working on Sunday 03.06.2022

            Did the Don work on Sunday? Oh my, did he actually become involved in a labor setting on a weekend? Wow, we are learning a lot about ole senior retired people. Possibly the Don had forgotten what day it was, maybe thinking it was Wednesday, and that might be why he was laboring on Sunday. Heck ole people might forget what day it is, but have you noticed, they don’t forget to eat.

            The Don’s labors this Sunday was feeding and checking on a few animals. I think the first day on animal care is the most difficult. There is a handwritten note informing the ole senior retired person, how much to feed and when. I will be taking care of these animals during spring break. There are three cats along with several other animals and fish, and one of the cats hid when I came in this morning. I can’t blame him; he does not know me.

            After I checked on and did the morning feeding, (yes there is morning and afternoon feeding, along with activating and deactivating some lights) I headed for the gas station to procure some gas for my favorite wife’s vehicle.

            Speaking of gas, my first wife and I were out and about yesterday, and as we drove, we were noticing the prices of gas in Waco and surrounding area. The highest price we saw was $3.99, and the prices varied from $3.99 to $3.49. We noticed some stations had two prices for regular gas, one for cash, and one for charge. In most cases, the charge was 10 cents higher for charge than cash.

            We have a new store opening Wednesday this week in Hewitt, we plan to get there and get a couple items, maybe being a new store, they will have some free stuff. 

            Back to today, after getting gas for the present wife’s van this morning, I did go to the Star coffee place and got a cup of overpriced coffee. I have enough on my ole gold card to get two more cups, then I will be done. Note: today star coffee was not very good. 

            Topic change; I did get my new pants yesterday and they are very nice, although I am not yet understanding why they say they are for dancing in a ballroom. My spouse of more then half a century has suggested that I should get a couple more pair and then I should not wear them when I was working in the yard, painting, working on a lawn mower or any other project where I could get them damaged or stained. I like that idea.

            I have a to do list here on my ole desk, there are 5 items listed, and I have done one of them. I guess I should keep it where I can see it, maybe I would get more of the items checked off the list.

            I have a photo of the Tres taking up room on the floor. He is a lazy dog taking it easy with one of his toys.


                                                 

 Share your happiness!

Senior retired person who needs a cookie, Don the Ford

No comments: