Translate

Friday, March 18, 2022

Friday is here 03.18.2022

            Well, it is Friday again, how many Fridays have there been since I was born? According to my calculations, 3,874 Fridays have gone past, during my time here on this planet, who knows how many there were while I was on other planets.

            It is a cool 50 this morning and it is supposed to get a little warmer through the day. I did finish raising the one sprinkler head yesterday, an excellent job, even if I must say so.

            When the sprinkler system was installed a couple years ago, I made a drawing of the locations of each head, and which of the seven systems each head was attached to. I went to the drawing yesterday reviewing the locations of each head in system 2, as I wanted to mark the location of a couple heads. Would you believe I could not find one of the heads?

            Before you ask, yes, I had turned the number two system on in an effort to find the heads. You know, with the system on the heads are supposed to pop up and spray water. The grass here in the Ford's front yard, has a tendency to camouflaged the heads. I still could not find that one head, yes, I double checked the drawing. 

            After what seemed to be hours of grueling work (it was in reality only a couple minutes) I decided to look under a couple blocks that I had repositioned a few months ago. Yep, mystery solved, I found the missing head under a block. Does that make it a, "Block Head"? 😊 Come on now, that was funny.

            I did rake some debris from a flower bed, per my CEOs suggestion. There is more work that needs to be done in that bed but I had new jeans on and I am not allowed to get on my knees with new jeans on.

            Alternative subject; I went to the past employer and picked up 3 items yesterday. One item was two light bulbs that are supposed to be dusk and dawn lights, neither work correctly. Neither worked in the outside fixture, then I brought them into the house and put them in a trouble light for testing. Neither worked as advertised. If you shake them, they would come on, and shake them again they would go off. Maybe I should have ordered from the river place on line. Did you get it, river place, company with the name of a river, why do I even try?

            I need to get ready to take the grandkids to school. I might stop by the rose café for a couple burritos and a cup of coffee, on the way home after dropping the kids off at school. 

            Yes, my favorite wife and I went to the cracker place for our evening meal yesterday, we enjoyed the visit. Yes, I said visit, as we do eat and then we have a tendency to visit with a few of the staff. Since no one asked, yes, we did sit outside yesterday afternoon after coming home from supper, but we did not have adult beverages, as we were given to-go drinks at the cracker store. 

            Not sure what I might be doing today, I could mow the weeds in the back 40, I could put some old pants on and work that flower bed for the CEO.

            Topic change; Tres and I went to the vet yesterday, the vet said I was doing good, wait a minute, I mean she said Tres looked as if he was doing good, even though he is itching. She believes it has to do with all the pollen. Tres will not wear a mask to help eliminate the pollen getting into his system, so we are not sure as to what to do. I guess we wait for the pollen to leave.

            That is it for now, Happy Friday to you!

Enjoy the day!

Senior retired person, who is trying to learn how to enjoy, Don the Ford

No comments: