Translate

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Too cold, I did nothing 03.12.2022

            Well, I did very little yesterday, although, I did go through some files on my computer and update them. I have a list of each internet account and password. One list I keep here at the ole computer, and it has the accounts but the pass words are shall we say, masked. I can look at them and know what the entire password is, but I doubt that you can understand it. There is a second list that shows the passwords in their entirety, that list is kept in the safe.

            Anyway, when I open another account (like for the earthquake, which is now registered) and have another password, I hand write the information on the list that is kept here buy the computer. Anyone who has seen my hand writing knows that it isn’t very good. Occasionally, that is not very often, I attempt to update my two lists. That is what I did yesterday.

            One might think that would not take much time, but for this ole senior retired person it took too much time. I spent over two hours comparing both lists, then adding to both lists, then saving them in secure locations on an SD card, and in the safe. I have told myself, any new passwords or information must be written carefully, and clearly, where I can read them two months later.

            I am writing this part of the post the afternoon of 03/11/2022, and I do get to go and feed the animals at David and Claire’s home in a little while. It is cold outside and I know that because I went outside to feed the birds and almost froze my nose off. I had my hood up on my head, so my ears were ok. I had looked out back and saw many birds trying to get food around the areas where I feed, and feeling sorry for them, I had to venture out and feed them.

            Before that one person asks, yes, I did get burritos and coffee from the Rose Garden this morning. That is not the name but it is close to the name, I do not advertise for companies unless paid.

            Saturday; I have just returned from the morning feedings, and all went well. Dave and family will be home from their spring break this afternoon, and they will take over the feeding. Wait a minute, did I get a spring break? After some careful thought, I believe I did get a break, from taking the grand kids to school, and that was replaced with feeding the animals. When you keep a senior retired person busy, he might forget that he is still getting older.

            I talked with my sister in Missouri last night and during the conversation my age came up. I noted that I would have the big one this year, I will be 75 years old in August (that makes me 74 and a half now). I remember what my mom said on her 70th birthday, “in my mind I am a teenager, but my body says I am 70”. I understand that statement.

            The sun is shining here today, and the temp should get up into the 60s. I just looked at the security monitors and the birds are having a feast at the feeding stations. I did good!

            Last topic of the day; I just looked at the clock that is above my desk (photo to follow) and it has already been set one hour ahead. Yep, day light saving time will be activated Sunday morning before we get up, so set your clocks ahead one hour (spring forward, fall back). 

 


            I thought that was the last comment, but that statement was incorrect, I was not wrong, there is a difference between wrong and incorrect. It seems as if Dave, Claire, Gabi, and Alex’s flight has been canceled due to weather. I might get to feed the animals one more time.

Enjoy the sun today!

Senior retired person who is now a feeder of the animals, Don the Ford

No comments: