Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2022

What, another day? 03.17.2022

            Well, I woke up this morning, so I guess we are started into another day. Will it be a repeat of yesterday, or will it be a wonder filled day, of joy and good friends?

            One might ask, was yesterday not a good day, to which one might respond, “no, yesterday was not a good day, it was a very good day!” For me, an ole senior person who is over 50 years old, (way over 50) any day that I can walk, talk, eat and take naps is a good day!

            Yesterday I walked out into the yard and re-arranged the solar power lights that my favorite wife has along the flower bed. Three of the ole lights had given up. So, I removed them and relocated the rest, making them evenly spaced, per my instructions!

            I also started a project of working on lawn sprinklers. Most of the sprinklers that I have worked with are above ground, (the pipes are underground) they are in the flower beds and need to be able to pop up above the Jasmin and other vegetation. The sprinkler I started working on is in the ground and I want to leave it in the ground but I want to rase it a couple inches.

            I got down on my hands and knees, which is not easy for a senior retired person, and began digging around the sprinkler, needing to get all the way down to the pipe that it is attached too. I need to get all the dirt away from the coupling, as I do not want any dirt to get into the open pipe after I remove the head.

            I am not the fastest learner, it took me a while to decide to get a shovel to remove the dirt, as the small hand-held tool was taking too long. I did get down to the pipe when a friend came over. No, the friend did not offer to help, heck he is as old as me. I did get up off the ground and sit on the ole rocker while we talked. After several minutes of discussion, the neighbor headed for home, and I went into the house.

            I had dirt on my hands! Not just a little bit but a lot of dirt, it was even under my fingernails. Who knows how many times I had to wash my ole hands to get the dirt off?

            No, I did not complete the sprinkler head project, it was lunch and I needed to eat. I hope to get to it today.

            It was a little odd, as my favorite spouse and I sat outside yesterday afternoon, cold drink in hand, the hole I had dug around the sprinkler head was only 3 feet away. I felt as if it was calling to me, “finish me, please finish me”. Like I said, I might get to it today.

            I get to take the grand kids to school this morning, and I might go to the star coffee place and by one last cup, using the old gold card. There is enough funding on the card for one more cup. All things, good or bad, must eventually come to an end.

Finish your projects!

Senior retired person who will likely get back down on his knees today, Don the Ford

No comments: