Translate

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Geter dun 03.29.2022

            Geter dun, may be an ole Missouri term and is defined as, “get her done”, and that is what I done yesterday. After taking the kids to school I dropped by the Mexican food place, but not the new rose place, and purchased one Burrito. One of their burritos is larger than two from the new rose place. The problem is, The Rose place has a large coffee for a dollar, the other place does not.

            My favorite wife and I can share one of those large burritos and we are satisfied, also the hot sauce is better than that from the rose place.

            I delivered the trailer to my son’s house and then decided to go to the cleaners to get my clothes. Arriving at the cleaners, I learned that my clothes would not be ready until 5:30. I wasted the gas getting there and back home.

            My first wife headed for town; she had a couple items she wanted to purchase. While she was gone, I followed her suggestion, “All the bolts on the swing set needed to be tightened, and she wants the swing seat raised a few inches. It was a lot of work for this ole senior person, but I goter dun!

            We have seen a humming bird, the last couple afternoons, so I cleaned and filled three humming bird feeders and hung them. While hanging the one feeder in the tree, I adjusted the bird house facing it away from the other bird house. I thought maybe the birds will use it if it faces away from the other house.

            I did make an appointment to take Charlie to the vet this week, for a couple shots. We spend more money on the animals at the vets than we do for ourselves at the doctors.

            The above was written yesterday: below is today:

 

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside for about an hour yesterday afternoon, enjoying the summer like weather. We may have a few storms come through tonight.

            Well, it was very warm yesterday and my first wife noted that it was hot while she was preparing supper. Me, being the gentleman I am, I turned the air conditioner on. The house started to cool down and that made us both happy.

            A little later I walked into the hallway where I heard what sounded like a fan blowing. It wasn’t the fan that pushes air through the vents to cool the house, but it was a fan. I check the unit and the air or heat would not work, but the fan noise was still there. I turned the power off to the unit and will call the repairman this morning.

            I have a couple small projects for today, hope you have a good day!

Need the cool air!

Senior retired person who may not be able to pay the repairman, Don the Ford

No comments: