Translate

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

I fixed it 03.15.2022

            Yes, in today’s article about me, “The Don”, we will learn that The Don was able to fix it, actually, I replaced it as well as a professional could have, and at a much-reduced cost. To have a professional replace it, I was told would have cost $99.00. I rejected the offer.

            Before we get into today’s topic, allow me to comment on, “the pronunciation of words”. Now last evening as I was resting on the Ford’s ole bed, having nothing to do since the TV has nothing that I want to see, a three-letter word ending in, “at”, came to mind. I began to wonder who decided how we should pronounce these words, ending in “at”? 

            Bat, cat, fat, hat, mat, eat, pat, rat, satwhy don’t they ask me before they make these decisions?

            Let’s see, what can we present to you now? Today is Tuesday, and I did go to the star coffee place for a free cup of coffee, and then to the Mexican restaurant for a burrito, on the way home, this morning. No, I did not go to the rose restaurant, I went to the one next door to the rose. The burrito was good, and their hot sauce is outstanding!

            Now please allow me to respond to the title line which is, “I fixed it”. As stated earlier, you may say I fixed it, when in actuality I replaced it, which in reality I did fix the situation.

            If anyone was reading this article, they might wonder what the Don replaced. I have a photo of what the Don replaced, which should be better than 1,000 words.


            That is the security light that gave up the ghost (stopped working). I had installed that light several years ago, and I have replacement bulbs which only work in this type of light. Evidently the fixture failed, and I tried both replacement bulbs and they would not work. 

            That is when I decided to purchase a new fixture. I found several similar fixtures but none that use the same bulb, so I decided to go to the home store and see if I could find a new fixture. Being on a fixed income, those eighty to one hundred dollars fixtured did not interest me. I found a fixture that cost less than ten dollars. Photo to follow.


            I did remove the big none working light, and I installed the small working light. I have ordered a couple LED bulbs which are dusk to dawn, meaning they will turn on and off by them self. If I were rich like you real people, I could have gotten the larger fixture. This light worked as expected last night, it provided plenty of light and it only used 9 watts of power.

            We got a little rain yesterday, about 1/8 inch, we need more but we are not complaining about the amount. I may run the lawn sprinkler today. I do need to put some bird food out. 

Todays goal, smile often!

Senior retired person who understands electricity and plumbing, Don the Ford

No comments: