Translate

Monday, March 7, 2022

Spring break 03.07.2022

            Yes, it is spring break and for those who made a break for it, you know, left the area for a fun filled break, they were lucky. Yesterday it was in the low 80s here and today it is supposed to be in the mid-50s with scattered rain, and the rest of the week is supposed to get worse! The smart people took spring break literally, and made a break from central Texas!

            We did not do a lot here at the Ford homestead yesterday, since it was warm, we did give the Tres a bath. After that tedious work, my favorite spouse and I made a cup of coffee and we both grabbed a cookie, then proceeded outside were we not only enjoyed the coffee and cookie, the weather was very nice. 

            While sitting outside it was impossible to not be aware of the birds. It sounded as if every bird in the area was making noise. I don’t know it they were all looking for mates or bragging that they had found a mate.

            Speaking of birds, this morning when the Tres and I walked out front (no we do not get the paper any longer, but we still go outside for a moment) I was aware of a small sound coming from one of the bird houses that hang on the front porch. it sounded as if there was a baby bird making a little noise. I would think that the birds would not have babies this early, but it sure sounded like a baby bird.

            I just looked at the camera monitors, and it is raining. Wouldn’t you know it, I will need to go out in the cold and wet weather this morning to feed the animals. Speaking of that, yesterday afternoon the cat that is afraid of me, decided he would rather eat than be afraid, yep, he came and ate with the other cats. 

            Cold wet weather, heck all I will be allowed to do is stay inside, take naps, drink homemade coffee, and try to not watch TV. Maybe I will be able to do some reading today. 

            Well, I guess I should get going, those animals will not feed themselves.

 

Enjoy your spring break!

                        Even though it isn’t spring yet.

 

Senior retired feeder of the animals, Don the Ford

No comments: