Translate

Friday, March 4, 2022

Did he work too hard 03.04.2022

            Maybe the question should be, has he ever worked too hard? But before we get into that subject matter, lets cover the so-called newspaper. This morning the Tres and I went out to the front yard looking for the newspaper. I had been told that it would probably not be there, due to the fact that the fee they want us to pay, “Is just too much!” When it came time to renew the subscription, my favorite wife had determined that, “It was just too much”. Ole retired people are the people who read the newspapers, and we can’t afford them.

            Speaking of cost too much, I was able to get into Waco yesterday and purchase a bottle of adult beverage. I will probably not be able to buy another, as the price has gone up about $3.00. I assume that in the near future I will be drinking water at happy hour, if we can afford the water.  

            Today is my favorite grandson’s birthday, he will be 12 years old.       

            Now, let’s alter the topic again; I want you to see how difficult it is, for an ole senior person to work at the ole laptop. I have a photo which will tell the story.


                                               

            Yep, that is Molly taking it easy and expecting me to rub her back.

            What? I show you a photo of our cat laying on my desk trying to get my attention and keeping me from being the creative genius we all know I am, and all you see is the can of sardines! I give up, I might just sojourn from my endeavors to enlighten the reading public.

            I will attempt to enlighten one more time; what did the ole senior retired person do yesterday in the back 40? He removed dead vegetation (aka ground cover flowers) and leaves from the trees, from one flower bed. Then he raked them into one long area, and using the walk behind mower, he first mulched the dead vegetation, and second, he vacuumed them up. The ole person did not take a photo of the area before the work but did take one after the work was completed. There is no sardine can in this photo!


            I guess I need to stop now and get ready to take the Alex to school.

Pray for Ukraine!

Senior retired person who works but not too hard, Don the Ford

No comments: