Translate

Thursday, March 3, 2022

A watcher 03.03.2022

            You are correct, I am a neighborhood watcher, but the title line is not about me watching you. Before we get to far into the title line, lets review what I did yesterday.

            This ole senior retired person, worked his ole body to a point of needing a 10-minute rest, and a cup of coffee. You are correct, that is a lot of work, and it is amazing that a senior person can still work that much!

            I was allowed to trim the rose bushes yesterday. There are 13 bushes of various sizes, if I counted them correctly. And I trimmed 12 of them. One of the bushes was very small and in truth looked as if it were dead. I decided to leave it alone, and if it comes back this spring, I will consider trimming it then.

            I was able to make temporary trellis for two of the bushes. Now that I am thinking about it, my dad and mom liked rose bushes, but dad did the planting and caring for them. Also, Cape Girardeau, our ole home town, was known as a city of roses.

            In an effort to shorten this rose story, I did fill half the trash container with parts from the rose bushes, and I did trim a couple other plants (without permission) which added to the trash.

            Yesterday about 10:00am I had decided to go into Waco to purchase a bottle of adult beverage, and on the way, I decided to stop for a cup of coffee at the star place. There were about 5 vehicles ahead of me, and it took about 20 minutes for me to get the cup of coffee. When arriving at the window I learned that the price had increased from $2.64 to $2.86! Either price is too much. Now I do not buy the gift cards for the star coffee place, and I will not go there after the ole gold card I have runs out. Super slow service, and prices that are too high!!!

            Note, I was so upset about waiting in line and then paying more, that I did not go to Waco for a bottle. Now you see how us ole retired people are treated.     

            Now let us change the topic; after dropping the Alex off at his house yesterday, and making it back to our home I decided to sit outside for a while. A friend came over and pulled up a chair. We sat there and talked for a while then my favorite wife came outside and joined us.

            Our discussions covered many topics, including the state of our country and the invasion of Ukraine. As we sat there exchanging ideas, I noticed that we were being watched. This was not a person, and may have been a ghost. I do have a photo to help the non-believer, to become a believer.


 
           He or she has the appearance of being almost a skeleton ghost. He / she did not say anything, it just floated around in the sky watching us.

            Now you know what happy hour at the Ford’s homestead is like. No, I did not have too much to drink, I told you I did not go to Waco and get a bottle!

 

Are you a watcher?

 

Senior retired person, who might go to Waco for a bottle today, Don the Ford

 

No comments: