Translate

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Just the opposite 03.09.2022

            Here we go again, the Don has an ole memory he wants to present to the reading public. Now he knows you don’t care about his ole memories, yet he continues to present them. I would bet that he does not have any new memories, so ole memories are all he has. Ok, let’s see what this, “Ole memory”, is.

            This memory goes back to the early 70s, (that is 1970s, that is over 20 years ago…) and it has to do with one of the big topics of the present-day world, “Gas”. Now I can see that none of you are the slightest bit interested in what I am about to present, so, you are now excused from today’s lesson, you are now allowed to stop reading and go do something interesting.

            By the way, the info that will be provided after this memory subject, will also be less than interesting, so you are now excused from reading anything after this statement.

                        STOP READING NOW!

 

            Now that everyone is gone, maybe I can enjoy entering this into my ole journal.

            Yesterday, as I was trying to not think about the items being present on the news stations, an ole thought came to mind. Back in the early 1970s there was a gas war in Cape Girardeau, Mo. I can’t remember if this gas war was just local or not, possibly it was due to a new gas station that was trying to get a lot of attention for their opening.

            I asked my favorite wife if she remembered this event and she does. She noted that the price of gas per gallon went down to 19 cents per gallon. We both remember cars lined up around the block, trying to fill their tanks with the cheap gas. At that time, the normal price of regular gas was about 30 cents per gallon. The price war only went on for a few days and then things got back to normal.

            Now you see, just the opposite of what’s going on today. Yes we have a Gas war going on, but instead of reducing the prices, they are increasing the prices, and instead of it ending in a couple days, it will continue for a long time!

            Topic alteration; since you are not reading this I will note; I went to feed the animals today and once inside the house I found it to be very cool. I checked the thermostat and found that it was on air conditioning, I moved it to heat!

            The cat named Mars is very cautious around strangers like me, but today he came in and eat breakfast with the other two cats. All the morning feeding is complete, I did notice that one of the cats must have been having fun destroying a Styrofoam cup last night, there are pieces all over the floor.

            Different subject; the new store in Hewitt opens today, and I plan to take my $3.00 with me when I go over there. Who knows what they may have on sale, wow, this will be fun.

            The termite man is supposed to be here today, to finish something they started in November. In November the fellow was here, he looked over the bate devices around the house. He noted that he needed to replace them all, but he did not have the needed items with him, he said he would come back. I had to call them to remind them. Can you say excellent service!

            Well since you are not reading this, I will not let you know I and stopping now.

 

Save money, don’t drive!

 

Senior retired person who might have fun at the new store, Don the Ford

No comments: