Translate

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Snowing, nope 12/14/2021

            As I sit here in front of the Ford’s ole computer, I can observe all the security cameras output. That means I can see what’s going on around the Homestead. Oddly enough, it is foggy this morning and it is a fairly heavy fog with a light breeze. The cameras in night mode pick up the fog and it looks like snow. Now I have been outside this morning, it isn’t snowing, it is 58 degrees at 6:00am.

            As usual, I sat on the Ford’s ole recliner this morning attempting to watch the so-called, “local news”. This morning, the same vehicle commercial was on, 4 times that I was aware of, in less than 30 minutes. I do watch a lot less TV than I use to, and maybe I need to watch it even less now. I don’t like commercials!

            I thought about the olden days for some reason this morning, and that thought involved cars. Back when I was about 20 years ole, I had a 63 Chevy with a big 409 cubic inch motor. My friend Steve had a 61 Chevy with a 409 in it. His vehicle was geared for drag racing (low gears) mine was geared for highway driving (higher gears). It happened that his key fit my vehicle and my key fit his vehicle.

            One night I had gone to a movie, yes with a girl, and when the movie was over, we came out to where my car was parked, it was gone. I looked around and there was Steve’s car. We got in Steve’s car and drove to the local hamburger place for a burger. It wasn’t too long before Steve arrived in my car and we switched vehicles. Steve said he wanted to go to Chaffee, which was about 15 miles away, highway driving, so he took my car.

            I guess you have to be really good friends, which we were, if you don’t’ mind that someone uses your car, without previous notice.

            I will now attempt to change the topic; I did take a photo of a bird house in one of our trees, and I thought you might be interested.

 


 
           Yes, it is a house that the Don Built! No, those are not hearing aids in my ears, I have the ear buds in so I could listen to music while I was vacuuming up leaves, again.

            I assume I will need to vacuum the yard one more time this year, and then I should be done with the leaves. Getting the leaves out of the jasmine is the difficult part, and that will be attempted when the trees are free of all leaves. Photo to follow.


                                               

            I do such good work, I believe the neighbors even appreciate it, at least I appreciate it!

            Well, it is almost time to take the grandkids to school, so C U L (see you later).

11 days left till something?

Senior retired person who needs coffee, Don the Ford

No comments: